Powerstroke to cummins conversion

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The truck in my avatar is a greasy 12v swap, it was fairly easy when I look back on it...Before I bought the motor I had never even seen a cummins and my build turned out alright lol.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I've looked on kijiji. Nothing that really perked my interest

how long did the swap take on your '95?

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12 is all mechanical, no electrical chit to worry about. Where as the newer 24V is electronic, more wiring harnesses, tranny controllers and all sorts of other controllers.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you get P Pump kit which is suppose to eliminate the electronics on the 24V but that would be the same as a 12v with the 24v head on it

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My swap took about 5 months, keep in mind that was on limited funds and my first ever motor swap, it could be done a lot faster with the right parts and knowledge.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd have to really look to be able to tell, the only way I figured it was a gas is it doesn't have the cummins head on the top. I think I'm just gonna take mine in and get it done, that will be the fastest I think

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd have to really look to be able to tell, the only way I figured it was a gas is it doesn't have the cummins head on the top. I think I'm just gonna take mine in and get it done, that will be the fastest I think

Has the throttle body on top of the engine, and the air filter is too far back. :D

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a GM and all your problems are solved. Had an 01 with over 600,000km and other than injectors and steering parts damn good truck.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Dave at spongberg in rocky mountain house. They wreck dodges and I'm sure have lots of good 12v or 24v

sent from my htc

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbor runs only ford and they got trucks with over 1,000,000kms on them

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any truck is a good truck when maintained properly. It's all about preference. At the present time, I prefer Dodge. I just need a half ton, and I am quite impressed with the new Ecoboost engine. I might have to own one in the future.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Make sure you put stacks on it though so that when the engine starts falling apart from the inside out, it all goes through the exhaust and into the box. Don't have to go back and pick pieces up.

HA....i'm using that

Top Bottom