Powell River sledding....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I know that the sledding in Squamish, Whistler, and Pemberton is awesome. I also think I know, that the sledding on Vancouver Island is sketchy.

What is sledding like to the east and above Powell River? Can someone point me in the right direction to find out some information or better yet, just tell me what to expect in that area.....thanks:beer:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding on the Island is great if you come in early spring late winter,lots of snow and good areas to ride,never to cold and great scenery.If your comin this way let me no Ill show you around.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Riding on the Island is great if you come in early spring late winter,lots of snow and good areas to ride,never to cold and great scenery.If your comin this way let me no Ill show you around.

Thanks, but I wasn't thinking of the Island specifically; I was thinking of sledding to the east of Powell River. I am thinking about purchasing a boat and doing some fishing and living with a few amenities like shopping, hospital, etc. (I know there are a thousand places like that out on the Island but I don't really want to go to any of them other than Campbell River and has ranked behind Powell River with my choices).

I am thinking that above Saltry Bay and beyond the cross-country skiing area, in that mass of forestry roads there might be some decent riding. Have you got any info on that area? Cheers, fs

coffeeboy

Reaction score
Okay, so your wanting to come up to the Sunshine Coast, well you may want to think about Sechelt/ Gibsons we,(the"Sunshine Coast Snow seekers") snowmobile club, new two years ago. We have much more sledding than Powell River, 4 riding areas!!! all to our selves.. contact me or the president of the club, this info can be found on the BCSF member list. Bruce...

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I dont no about a 1000 but there are afew,I personally would take Cambell River over Powell river,2ferrys to get anywhere is to much for me,1 sucks to but keeps the masses away.

Top Bottom