polaris dragon troubles

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
was recently tinkering on my 08 polaris dragon rmk 700 and noticed under the hood there was a connector not connected. Must have been done by the guy who owned it previously before me. its a green connector with three wires going into. The female end of the plug goes up into the throttle block. I connected it thinking it would fix my kill switch(also doesnt work) but no such luck so i left it connected anyways. fired up the sled today and went to crack her open and once it hit 4000 rpm it was like i was hitting the kill switch. let off the throttle it would come back to life but would never exceed half throttle. Got back to the garage trying to figure out what was wrong decided to disconnect the connector and go figure it ran without skipping a beat. Does anyone know what this wiring is for that goes to the throttle block? i beleive it is a black, brown and green wire but i could be wrong. Any insight as to if this connection is required and if so why would it be making the engine cut out? It has me completely stumped:confused:

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was recently tinkering on my 08 polaris dragon rmk 700 and noticed under the hood there was a connector not connected. Must have been done by the guy who owned it previously before me. its a green connector with three wires going into. The female end of the plug goes up into the throttle block. I connected it thinking it would fix my kill switch(also doesnt work) but no such luck so i left it connected anyways. fired up the sled today and went to crack her open and once it hit 4000 rpm it was like i was hitting the kill switch. let off the throttle it would come back to life but would never exceed half throttle. Got back to the garage trying to figure out what was wrong decided to disconnect the connector and go figure it ran without skipping a beat. Does anyone know what this wiring is for that goes to the throttle block? i beleive it is a black, brown and green wire but i could be wrong. Any insight as to if this connection is required and if so why would it be making the engine cut out? It has me completely stumped:confused:

easy sulution...

buy a DOO!

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
all good suggestions but just looking for a solution to what is going on (and by the way my doo caused me way more headaches than my dragon has, just throwing that out there)

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i do not have an answer for you but contact Chrisco on here and he can help you for sure he has a shop and has been a great help to me...good luck! when you find out let us know.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a throttle over ride like Yamaha uses. Protects against stuck throttle. Your friendly polaris dealer should be able to help you with this.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will look in my manual see if it has anything,any pics?

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
i looked up a service manual online and found it to be a throttle override so that if my throttle sticks it shuts down the engine. Killswitch doesnt work either way if it is hooked up or not so something must be hooped in there. I will try and get a pic posted so you can see what im talking about, and as for taking it to a dealer im 2 hours plus from a reputable one, so any help i can find online makes life a lot easier:)

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't say take it to the dealer, most dealers if they are any good will help a person with this even if just over the phone. My sled has been back to the dealer once in it's life for warranty after that never, I do it myself.

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
thanks for all the input i will give a dealer in regina a call tomorrow and see if they can guide me in the right direction and get it all sorted out, thinking might need a new throttle block

Top Bottom