polaris dragon troubles

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Andre-Lariviere. Good fix "buy a doo", well for a person who has'nt rode his sled yet hope you don't have any headaches with yours. Coming off a bulletproof 600 rmk, good luck.:):):)

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
throttle safety switch is brown- black- black/red.kill switch is black-brown.brown is common ground.I would test your kill switch with ohm meter to see what it does.can't see a 3-wire plug with a green wire in it.

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
checked wires the colors are blue brown black, and go up into the throttle block. Not much knowledge on electrical how would you test ohms on a kill switch and what should it be? the guy i got it from said they had it apart and when they put it back together it wouldnt work. buddys 2010 rmk had same issues as well as engine cutting out at half throttle and some cable had to be adjusted for the throttle cut off feature that shuts engine down if throttle is stuck open.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a pic would help.found blue wire it goes to left hand warmer,must be a blue red or a dark blue or something. to test kill find a black-brown plug coming from bars and hook ohms leads to it.it works on open-closed loop killed will be open and in run position will be closed,like when you touch leads together sounds like someone else got some wires mixed up.has the wiring been modified or extended ,for a rizer or something?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the over ride is the prob. Check that you have some free play in the throttle cable if it feels tight than its tripping the over ride switch.Check the little tit sticking out of the throttle block. See the pin holding the lever on the block does it pivot when you push it??? It has to pivot and push on the block when you press the throttle.

Chris

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
easy sulution...

buy a DOO!

Andre.....have you even ridden a doo ? You were on a wedge until just recently.

Could the prob with the Dragon have anything to do with the "ethonol" wire, used for when you are or are not useing ethonol based fuel.....

just throwin it out there.....

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Could the prob with the Dragon have anything to do with the "ethonol" wire, used for when you are or are not useing ethonol based fuel.....

No it cant

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I poo, but there not my thing. and yes ive riddin a doo :d

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do the hand warmers work? maybe a short in hand warmer and when connected sends sled into limp mode?????

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
both hand warmers and thumb warmer work only thing malfunctioning is the kill switch and throttle when the 3 wires are connected. correction the wires are brown black and the other is a whitish/grey color. here are some pics sorry for the quality my camera isnt the best. Pictures show the connector and where the wires enter into the throttle block. hope this helps. thanks

Attachments

• SL370705.jpg
    SL370705.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 133
  • SL370710.jpg
    SL370710.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 126
  • SL370711.jpg
    SL370711.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 127
  • SL370712.jpg
    SL370712.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 139

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I went and checked my Dragon and I have the same plug,chased it up the handle bars to the kill switch then 2 small wires piggyback into the throttle switch.I would say there is something wrong with kill switch,not completely stopping power to engine. never seen a throttle switch limit RPM,but I could be wrong.

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
if i get a chance tomorrow i will take it off and see whats going on inside there might be something disconnected to the kill switch, it doesnt work so has to come off anyways to see whats going on. will fill ya in on what i find and thanx for all the info

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
plug those wires in and screw with the kill switch to see if you can kill it.might be a rubbed wire not doin it's thing,switch might be good. good luck

Stumpy

Reaction score
IF ITS ON THE LEFT SIDE OR CLUTCH SIDE AND CLOSE TO THE WIRING HARNESS THE DEALER SAID KEEP THE 2 WIRES DISCONNECTED UNLESS YOU HAVE PERFECT PREMIUM PLUS GAS AND OR SOME RACE FUEL ADDED THIS ADS ABOUT 2 HP MORE , WHEN CONNECTED BUT IF RUNNING REGULAR GAS AND NOT PERFECT FUEL NEW AND CLEAN HIGHEST OCATNCE AVAILABLE THE SLED WILL BOG ON YOU !!! OH YEAH IF RIDING AT LOWER ELEVATIONS USE 1068 WEIGHTS FOR UNDER 4000 FEET 1062 FOR HIGHER AS SET BY DEALER FOR MOST MOUNTAIN RIDING :beer::beer:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IF ITS ON THE LEFT SIDE OR CLUTCH SIDE AND CLOSE TO THE WIRING HARNESS THE DEALER SAID KEEP THE 2 WIRES DISCONNECTED UNLESS YOU HAVE PERFECT PREMIUM PLUS GAS AND OR SOME RACE FUEL ADDED THIS ADS ABOUT 2 HP MORE , WHEN CONNECTED BUT IF RUNNING REGULAR GAS AND NOT PERFECT FUEL NEW AND CLEAN HIGHEST OCATNCE AVAILABLE THE SLED WILL BOG ON YOU !!! OH YEAH IF RIDING AT LOWER ELEVATIONS USE 1068 WEIGHTS FOR UNDER 4000 FEET 1062 FOR HIGHER AS SET BY DEALER FOR MOST MOUNTAIN RIDING :beer::beer:

Was talking about kill switch but thanks anyway.

Top Bottom