+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pit crew is 50/50 on helping then the A.D.D. kicks in
PS.jpg

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And a 24 is required when the recoil spring comes out.....that is a bitch with only 2 hands

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after my random no start issue and missing day 1 of our trip. My sled maybe a little Hesitant to start the 2nd morning. I chalked it up to having a bunch of fuel in the pipe from not starting and a bunch of pulls feeding it fuel the day before. It Had a couple back fires but after it started it ran as normal all day.

3rd day. Started as normal 2nd pull. Ran normal. I stoped on the trail for a second to ask if a couple doubling up w/ skis on their tunnel rack and parked in the middle of the trail were ok. Their sled was overheating and they said it wasn’t theirs. I showed them how to chainsaw it to cool it down. My sled random dies. But restarts. Runs for the day.

Came home. Buddy dropped my sled off at my place the next night. I wasn’t home yet. He said he started my sled. It started on the second pull as normal. Idles for a bit with the cold engine warning still on. Then dies.

We pull the piece of shat in the heated garage!

It sleeps over night. I pressure wash it real good let it dry. Blow ch!t out with the air gun.

Let sleep and dry some more.

I start trouble shooting a bit over a few days. Spark seams to be intermittent. Obviously has spark when it ran. But it would fuel soak a set of fresh plug instantly.

I would pull it 100 times with the plugs out, kill switch off and throttle wide open. (Supposedly the injectors are shut off with the throttle pulled at start up to clear flooding?) I Let it sit over night then try fresh plugs. It usually would pop a mild back fire/spudder then nothing. Pull plugs and they are soaked.

Double check connections, bench test relays. Unplug teather ext. Check spark to crank case a never see it. Bought inline spark testers that are suppose to light up. No lights. (Haven’t tested the testers on a working unit).

Drop off at dealer

A Week later they say wiring harness!

They also say my throttle switch. I asked throttle safety switch. I tested while doing parking lot repairs it was right on spec. I didn’t retest in my shop. He didn’t confirm tss, he said maybe tsR? He said it that diagnosis is from a code it showed stuck open or closed over 126 time or so. I said sound about how many time or more I pulled it while flooded with the throttle pinned. I don’t think that’s my problem.

Next item was compression is getting low. I actually tested compression right before I loaded it up to go on the trip. It was bang on even side to side and the exact same as the first baseline test I did with the same test gauge when o bought it new and after breakin. Their number were only 4-6 psi lower than mine. They said their spec is 125 mines been 10 shy of that it’s whole life in my gauge! And my last one was the same too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyway. Suppose to take the family for their spring break. Leave Monday. 🤦

Dealer first said harness is a week out. $1200.

I asked how much for air freight?

They said they are super backed up after dealing with my piece of ch!t they don’t have the techs to get it done.

I asked what if I find a harness and what I owed in trouble shooting so far? (It’s a guaranty that they are into it for more than the hour they said). My truck was already loaded with shat so I wasn’t picking it up anyway. I just stoped in to ask if they had any ideas yet.

I’m pretty sure I’ll find one….

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a wire brand new take off wire harness!

Thanks to Bwc PowerSports! They said they sold 4+ harnesses this month! 🤷

Sled doctor said the sled started 2nd pull as normal for the Polaris. Will get tested again and ready for pick up tomorrow.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear it ran well for ya. Have you checked the compression with your tester once you got it back?

Mine (as I have complained about previously) sometimes takes 3-5 pulls with throttle to fire up.

How do you go about testing the harness? The sled does have warranty but I don’t think the dealer is going to do any trouble shooting if ‘nothing’ is wrong

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear it ran well for ya. Have you checked the compression with your tester once you got it back?

Mine (as I have complained about previously) sometimes takes 3-5 pulls with throttle to fire up.

How do you go about testing the harness? The sled does have warranty but I don’t think the dealer is going to do any trouble shooting if ‘nothing’ is wrong

The harness is a hard one to diagnose. I had a 18 in the shop last that would have spark sometimes and sometimes not. There was a wire that was Burnt inside the insulation that sent voltage to the coils. The specific wire had no external damage. We were 98% sure it was harness. After all the items to create spark were test good.

The way we found it was we loaded the engine with a ton of oil and cranked the engine over with a drill with the plugs removed. While engine was turning over we went over the harness inch by inch pulling, bending, twisting the wires. We found a place where while bending the harness the engine would spark and by pulling it would stop. Figured out which specific wire was damaged then did the push, bend , twist again. Once Narrowed down to the specify inch we stripped the wire and found the burnt spot. We just repaired the single wire.

Some sleds that come in are easy fixes others suck.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So mine ran good for 3 days last trip. Idled better than ever, and no toasted plugs.

Back to blue river yesterday and it died like the kill stitch was hit cruising up the ice wooops. 5 km and dead. No spark. 🤦

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So mine ran good for 3 days last trip. Idled better than ever, and no toasted plugs.

Back to blue river yesterday and it died like the kill stitch was hit cruising up the ice wooops. 5 km and dead. No spark. 🤦
Sled went back to the doctor. Took them a week to call. They said pins pulled out of the connector to the coils…. They rerouted the wiring as it was tight…. No charge…

So maybe that was they problem the whole time, Or they installed the new wire harness in a way it got strained bashing the ice whoops, or I have a gremlin they still didn’t fix.

Anyone brave enough to go for a ride?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled went back to the doctor. Took them a week to call. They said pins pulled out of the connector to the coils…. They rerouted the wiring as it was tight…. No charge…

So maybe that was they problem the whole time, Or they installed the new wire harness in a way it got strained bashing the ice whoops, or I have a gremlin they still didn’t fix.

Anyone brave enough to go for a ride?
I’ll be riding Lucille with my group Saturday.

Allen crik Sunday

Top Bottom