2018 Polaris 800

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loaded sled yesterday, all good. Drive to blue river and sled won’t start. No spark. Disconnected kill switch, key, teather, and the throttle safety switch tested good.

Any idea what else I could check.

2018 Polaris 800

Sled was covered on a deck. Got wet through the tarp.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my 2011 failed in the middle of a lake, was the stator pickup. Screw backed out and pickup was hit by stator.

Hopefully yours will work again once it dries.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird, you try another set of plugs ? TTS issue will usually start and idle sled, but any throttle input will shut it down. Check you relays for corrosion ? Or plugs above the clutch/oil tank in the velcro.

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
swapped the relays around and got a spudder then pull cord broke from rubbing on a clamp🤦

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got new relays, Changed pull cord and she fired.

Jebus the one hex head Allen bolt at the bottom of the recoil sucks a nut.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird, you try another set of plugs ? TTS issue will usually start and idle sled, but any throttle input will shut it down. Check you relays for corrosion ? Or plugs above the clutch/oil tank in the velcro.
Relays were greased good with dielectric grease but that seemed to be the problem. We will see tomorrow.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear she’s running now.

On the cover thing, is yours the Polaris type that has the hooks? I noticed a bit of road spray is always on my sled when it’s warmish out. Really irks me that a few hundred dollar cover doesn’t do what it’s supposed to

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got new relays, Changed pull cord and she fired.

Jebus the one hex head Allen bolt at the bottom of the recoil sucks a nut.
Ya it does lol. I drilled a hole with a step bit so it makes life easier. The 850 axys and matryx have this hole already from factory.
axys recoil.jpg

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a 2019 not start because of shorted hand warmers. Did the relay thing and got it back to the truck but next trip was a tow job. Dealer found the problem by disconnecting the warmers when it was a no start.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear she’s running now.

On the cover thing, is yours the Polaris type that has the hooks? I noticed a bit of road spray is always on my sled when it’s warmish out. Really irks me that a few hundred dollar cover doesn’t do what it’s supposed to
It was a wet trip. Canvas Polaris cover. Stoped the dirt but the water was driven through. Buddy had the polyester door cover on his and the mud blew through with the water.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a 2019 not start because of shorted hand warmers. Did the relay thing and got it back to the truck but next trip was a tow job. Dealer found the problem by disconnecting the warmers when it was a no start.
2019 800 or 850?

My 18 has the load shed relay that only energized the warmers, high beams, and aux power above 2100 rpm or so. Hope mine wasn’t a weird gremlin that haunts me.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines the canvas as well. I suppose it was just the dirt road spray that got through

Top Bottom