pissed at some people

Mayfly

Reaction score
Fort Mac is a chithole. Need to hire more phillipino's as they dont sled.haha

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is it with all the hate for Fort Mac? We're securing Canada's energy future into the 21st century!

This is the kind of behavior that makes locals in small BC towns dislike people from Alberta and stereotype them. I realize that they are the minority and most guys are good dudes.

I am just jealous of how much money everyone seems to have. This from a guy who can't afford to put a new motor in his 7 year old sled :(

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can understand that sir, but there are also towns in B.C. that have just as many idiots that think they run the world just because they have a little cash in their pocket. People are people no matter where they're from. chances are they were assholes before they made any money.

This is the kind of behavior that makes locals in small BC towns dislike people from Alberta and stereotype them. I realize that they are the minority and most guys are good dudes.

I am just jealous of how much money everyone seems to have. This from a guy who can't afford to put a new motor in his 7 year old sled :(

SledKitten

Reaction score
We rode at Frisby last week. When we arrived at the cabin there was a kind older gentleman that had just finished sweeping and cleaning up the cabin. Told us he was so disgusted in the way people are treating it. He said just before we arrived a group had come thru and they left the cabin, they didn't even bother to close the door behind them. This kind gentleman had that cabin clean, organized and all the garbage picked up. We thanked him for putting in the extra effort to make up for what others take for granted. If people don't smarten up, sooner or later Frisby cabin will be locked as well & we will have no where to sit & warm up or wait for conditions to clear up.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can understand that sir, but there are also towns in B.C. that have just as many idiots that think they run the world just because they have a little cash in their pocket. People are people no matter where they're from. chances are they were assholes before they made any money.

Like sir Wiggly!

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing all these thread seem to have in common is the morons are drinking or smoking pot.
It never seems to be pop cans all over the place.
I am not saying everone that bring beer or whatever on the hill are disrespectful.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing all these thread seem to have in common is the morons are drinking or smoking pot.
It never seems to be pop cans all over the place.
I am not saying everone that bring beer or whatever on the hill are disrespectful.

Yep, hate to say it but it's true. I used to smoke and drink on the hill but I always cleaned up after myself and maintained respect always. Then I grew up and realized a guy can drink or get high at home. And there is way too many checkstops these days to screw around. Remember, you have to drive home at the end of the day.

Not sure why these idiots can't clean up after themselves. It's a privilege to ride these areas, not a right. Should be leaving the area in better shape than when you went in. Maybe tidy up the cabin for 5 minutes or split wood?

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these are the people you start BS'ing with in the cabin to find out who they work for, what crew they are on, etc. Call the company they work for say they were being offensive, wrecking private property, driving intoxicated and smoking dope. They will be drug tested and be on the first charter out.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I take my youngster up the hill with me and the biggest problem I have is people who smoke cigarettes and dope in the cabins. Last cabin we were at I had to wipe the little bits of bud off the table before my son could play with his few toys I brought up there for him.

I dont mind if guys are having A beer in the cabin. Now if they are obnoxius drunk then it becomes a problem for me. Times are changing folks, being the biggest drunk and disrespecting cabins on the hill is not tolerated. People do take note and remember these people dont worry. Locals also make note of these people and they soon find out that its hard to get a room or help in these small communities quick.

my 2 cents,

Jason Beniuk

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently we need an RCMP presence in the riding areas. It's too bad that the odd group has to spoil it for the rest.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be "the odd group" any more. This kind of crap is becoming more common every year. And people ask me why I don't travel much to ride any more. I'd rather stay home and ride the few areas we have left that don't get a lot of traffic.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to put up a jackass photo thread. Policing ourselves, and embarrassing the J.A.'s is what we need to do.

Put up pics of anyone, from rollin' coal on pedestrians, to leaving garbage in the backcountry., or riding in heliskiing crossings at turtle....ya know..

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be "the odd group" any more. This kind of crap is becoming more common every year. And people ask me why I don't travel much to ride any more. I'd rather stay home and ride the few areas we have left that don't get a lot of traffic.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to put up a jackass photo thread. Policing ourselves, and embarrassing the J.A.'s is what we need to do.

Put up pics of anyone, from rollin' coal on pedestrians, to leaving garbage in the backcountry., or riding in heliskiing crossings at turtle....ya know..
But i have a 1997 cummins modded up and i love rolling coal on everything!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fort Mac is just another place on the map. It's the money that turns people into irresponsible d!cks, and it isn't just the newfies.
Where I ride these people seem to come out during the christmas break and after that it isn't as much of an issue. They seem to come from all over. Overhearing conversations around the cabins Fort Saskatchewan comes up a lot.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What's Rollin' coal?

Thegeneral

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these are the people you start BS'ing with in the cabin to find out who they work for, what crew they are on, etc. Call the company they work for say they were being offensive, wrecking private property, driving intoxicated and smoking dope. They will be drug tested and be on the first charter out.

Yep that is the answer...

Another thing that pisses me off is trashing the trail in and out ... some places we ride we have to shovel flat. and a few guys (maybe 6) blast through like there wife is giving birth on the other side.... and that trail is right tucked. a hour of shoveling later, and it last for at least 100 respectful riders. please remember that if you stop to fix a few ruts it can go a long way.

Top Bottom