pissed at some people

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to vent here. We went up to clemina yesterday and when we got to the cabin around noon there was a large group from fort Mac, mostly newfies, hanging out at the cabin. I wanna say right now I spend half my life working in fort Mac and know lots of great people from all parts of the country so this isn't a newfie bash. These were the type of people who give fort Mac a bad name. They were smoking cigars and weed in the cabin, drinking lots of booze, throwing their beer cans into the fire. When we came back a few hours later they had left all their garbage and empties laying all over the cabin. This is a huge piss off cause of all the work done to provide a nice cabin like that and they treat it like crap.

Now for the good part of the story. We came back to the cabin around 445 for a final warm up before the trail and there was a small group doing the same. We talked to them about the mess and they were just as pissed about it as we were. Our 2 groups cleaned up the cabin and got to talking. Turns out it was Bruno the owner of The Sled Shop and his buddies. So a big thanks out to him and his buddies for helping us clean the cabin and being a stand up group of guys.

so in closing if you know any of that large group of disrespectful riders who were at clemina on Friday I hope you give them an earful.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I need to vent here. We went up to clemina yesterday and when we got to the cabin around noon there was a large group from fort Mac, mostly newfies, hanging out at the cabin. I wanna say right now I spend half my life working in fort Mac and know lots of great people from all parts of the country so this isn't a newfie bash. These were the type of people who give fort Mac a bad name. They were smoking cigars and weed in the cabin, drinking lots of booze, throwing their beer cans into the fire. When we came back a few hours later they had left all their garbage and empties laying all over the cabin. This is a huge piss off cause of all the work done to provide a nice cabin like that and they treat it like crap.

Now for the good part of the story. We came back to the cabin around 445 for a final warm up before the trail and there was a small group doing the same. We talked to them about the mess and they were just as pissed about it as we were. Our 2 groups cleaned up the cabin and got to talking. Turns out it was Bruno the owner of The Sled Shop and his buddies. So a big thanks out to him and his buddies for helping us clean the cabin and being a stand up group of guys.

so in closing if you know any of that large group of disrespectful riders who were at clemina on Friday I hope you give them an earful.

Too bad, always the same.... a few spoil it for the majority. I've seen the same kinda thing at the Renshaw cabin and in Revy.... You would think that the local RCMP would have more of a presence in these areas nowadays what with the amount of people using these areas.....or even just the mention of a sign at the trailhead or trail path booth.....some azzhats just have no respect.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and they probably all had the latest equipment and they thought of themselves as rockstars! just no respect, find there address in fort mac and dump a load of garbage in there backyard or condo balcony.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and if you would of said something to them they would of beat you up and laughed about it should of phoned the rcmp and had them waiting at the parking lot would be a nice bus ride back to fort mac

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dumba$$es.

Problem with that is usually it leads to the other group getting real defensive and potentially violent. Theres no need for a UFC fight on the hill but I can definitely see it happening with booze and ignorant mentalities in the mix. I'm not sure what it is, but some guys seem to think that the laws and morals (not that they follow them on a day to day basis anyways) don't apply once they're on a sled, bike, quad etc. Good on you and the other group for cleaning up the mess. I'm willing to bet the slobs are pampered at work and home with someone always cleaning up their messes. We are our own worst enemy and self policing is the best way to keep the gomers at bay. Unfortunately when its 5 on 1 or whatever the numbers are, chances are you'll get threatened with being fed your teeth. Its a shame really that these people can't recognize their pathetic ways...

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a time and place for everything, and respect where you are because there is no maid service at the cabin. these people know who they are, they just dont care

Brad62

Reaction score
Years ago a buddy went with a group to mcbride the whole time they were there there were some that left their cans and garbage on the hill. When he spoke up about it he was shut down. When they got back home they unloaded in one of the dicks yards where he proceeded to clean his truck out in the yard. When he was asked what he was doing he said same as you were doing up on the hill. Some guys just don't get it and never will.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Good on you & 'The Sled Shop' guys for cleaning up after the others. There is literally no reason we should have to though. Ignorance runs rampant in today's world.

Thanks from my sledding group to you guys for doing something that will help keep that area open.

I'm sure VARDA thanks you as well

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in revy at boulder same thing. Beer cans and boarders smoking up and thinking LIFE is RAD. F*%k grow up boys there enough challenges on the hill to deal with, avys being one. Being baked doesnt help.
There are young kids that come up to these cabins as well.

If you want to smoke your crap and drink your beer go out on the hill somewhere.
That way your not affecting others.

Last edited by a moderator:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently we need an RCMP presence in the riding areas. It's too bad that the odd group has to spoil it for the rest.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people need to be reminded that there mom's ain't there to clean up after them. And staff members have much bigger fish to fry then spending hours of there valuable and limited time to clean up after a bunch of yahoo's!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a large group of idiots from Fort Mac did this at Clemina yesterday, hmmm should be easy enough to figure out who they were.
Sorry that you had to waste your time in the hills cleaning up after these morons. Thanks

BTW whats wrong with white sunglasses?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
White framed sunglasses are for homos.Or Steve from site.
So a large group of idiots from Fort Mac did this at Clemina yesterday, hmmm should be easy enough to figure out who they were.
Sorry that you had to waste your time in the hills cleaning up after these morons. Thanks

BTW whats wrong with white sunglasses?

Top Bottom