pissed at some people

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's time for some self policing then, if we don't want the real cops there....

Age has nothing to do with this, in fact I have seen all ages act this way. Too bad the sport can't be family oriented anymore and respect has gone down the toilet.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's time for some self policing then, if we don't want the real cops there....

Age has nothing to do with this, in fact I have seen all ages act this way. Too bad the sport can't be family oriented anymore and respect has gone down the toilet.

In my experience, with the lack of respect for "voluntary closures" in our area as just one of many examples....we're probably the worst recreational group to be left with "self policing".....unfortunately.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U guys talking about gettin the RCMP involved are crazy... We are so over policed in this country it's ridiculous the last thing we need are cops in the hills telling how to ride ... Next thing u know there will be speed limits on the trails and if u get caught cutting a tree down to get unstuck you will be fined etc ... Keep the cops off the hill it's one of the only places we can go with out having to worry about some bs laws taking over

Yes Keep the cops off the hill

BUT these A-holes are going to start bringing them up there.
With regs, rules, Checks and whatever. It's going to happen then these moron will move to a different sport

Like Hunting was 20 to 30 years ago.
I can't believe all in the group were dick but dickless for not standing up the buds

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

With regs, rules, Checks and whatever. It's going to happen then these moron will move to a different sport

I can't believe all in the group were dick but dickless for not standing up the buds

Because of the quantity of people who now buy 150 h.p. sleds and then go bang hills its just a fact that the quality of certain people will go down as well. Its for this reason that RCMP presence is now known. Alot of it all started back in the 80's when again the numbers went up across the board.... more people.... bigger sleds.....newbies with high powered sleds..... no common sense.....more avalanches....deaths....more police presence.

Sad to see but thats the nature of the beast.

Bottom line; If you see assholes smokin dope and drinking to excess.....tell them to get off the hill!!!!!
How are ya gonna feel if you saw something rediculous and an accident occured and YOU did nothing to help prevent it?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is it average joes job to stand up to a group of oil patch brats at a remote location? A guy confronted an A-hole at the new Boulder cabin a couple years ago and he pulled a knife. Sorry that is the police's job.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Is it average joes job to stand up to a group of oil patch brats at a remote location? A guy confronted an A-hole at the new Boulder cabin a couple years ago and he pulled a knife. Sorry that is the police's job.

Pulling a knife? More reason for the cops to be involved.... I would of had them waiting at the bottom of the hill at the parking lot.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulling a knife? More reason for the cops to be involved.... I would of had them waiting at the bottom of the hill at the parking lot.

Unfortunately they got off the hill before anyone could report it I guess. Needless to say my family worry's about me dieing in an avalanche or getting in an accident on the road when I go sledding. I hope not to be stabbed to death enjoying the sport I love.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad. Context is everything!

I need to vent here. We went up to clemina yesterday and when we got to the cabin around noon there was a large group from fort Mac, mostly newfies, hanging out at the cabin. I wanna say right now I spend half my life working in fort Mac and know lots of great people from all parts of the country so this isn't a newfie bash. These were the type of people who give fort Mac a bad name. They were smoking cigars and weed in the cabin, drinking lots of booze, throwing their beer cans into the fire. When we came back a few hours later they had left all their garbage and empties laying all over the cabin. This is a huge piss off cause of all the work done to provide a nice cabin like that and they treat it like crap.

Now for the good part of the story. We came back to the cabin around 445 for a final warm up before the trail and there was a small group doing the same. We talked to them about the mess and they were just as pissed about it as we were. Our 2 groups cleaned up the cabin and got to talking. Turns out it was Bruno the owner of The Sled Shop and his buddies. So a big thanks out to him and his buddies for helping us clean the cabin and being a stand up group of guys.

so in closing if you know any of that large group of disrespectful riders who were at clemina on Friday I hope you give them an earful.

I was talking about the original post

Jasonschaaf

Reaction score
Mabey there should be some ripe of membership with a small donation at the bottom of the hill with a code to get in and Mabey a-holes like that will go somewhere else

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there has to be someone on here that knows who they were. They are probably reading these posts, hell they could even be one of the posters.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Realistically for the amount of people that come and go in these cabins it's not bad. You will always get a few bad apples regardless of where you are. I wouldn't be blaming fort mcmurray. As far as a guy pulling a knife, well that's just wrong and should be reported to RCMP. I know people making big money up here in fort Mac and they are as humble as can be. Like most of my friends anyways. Seeing as we were all born and raised in fort Mac we see it as home and a place that has allowed is to provide well for our families. Like I said above you will always have retards from all over and it's jjust common curtesy to not smoke anything in the cabins and keep the beers to a minimum. It is a family location not a bar.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam fortmac newfies...lol

Yeah loud obnoxious people are annoying no matter what the age.. if you want to bring your kids up the hill thats cool..My dad brought me up when i was a kid(old eneogh that i was capable of riding the mountain tho).

But when you bring 5, 5year olds up to the cabin and they run around screaming playing tag like its a fu%kin jungle gym, while im trying to warm up and eat a sandwich thats pretty annoying too. Id rather have newfies smokin dope..lol

On boulder this year in November there was a couple and there kids up at the cabin(nice couple & good kids). But the one kid was probly only 4years old riding on a 50cc snow scoot,,cool. BUT they were riding down off the hill in the DARK infront of 250guys on high powered machines,,, I thought they were nutz and just hoped there kid made down the trail alive..(i personally dont think mountain riding is for Small kids but each to there own)

No matter if your a drunk newfie or a mini van family with all the rug rats riding up the MOUNTAIN have some respect for others and life will be good:beer:

Last edited:

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No the ones that need to stand up are the guys that are in that group with them.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam fortmac newfies...lol

Yeah loud obnoxious people are annoying no matter what the age.. if you want to bring your kids up the hill thats cool..My dad brought me up when i was a kid(old eneogh that i was capable of riding the mountain tho).

But when you bring 5, 5year olds up to the cabin and they run around screaming playing tag like its a fu%kin jungle gym, while im trying to warm up and eat a sandwich thats pretty annoying too. Id rather have newfies smokin dope..lol

On boulder this year in November there was a couple and there kids up at the cabin(nice couple & good kids). But the one kid was probly only 4years old riding on a 50cc snow scoot,,cool. BUT they were riding down off the hill in the DARK infront of 250guys on high powered machines,,, I thought they were nutz and just hoped there kid made down the trail alive..(i personally dont think mountain riding is for Small kids but each to there own)

No matter if your a drunk newfie or a mini van family with all the rug rats riding up the MOUNTAIN have some respect for others and life will be good:beer:

my dad started taking me to the mountains when i was about 8 have friends who have been going since they were babys i hope to start bringing my 4 year old this year theres nothing wrong with introducing the next generation at a young age if done responsibly and to a apropriate area

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
my dad started taking me to the mountains when i was about 8 have friends who have been going since they were babys i hope to start bringing my 4 year old this year theres nothing wrong with introducing the next generation at a young age if done responsibly and to a apropriate area

Well, hopefully you don't have to explain the skunk smell and foamy beverages......lol

Top Bottom