Opinions on snowmobile pants.

Russell P

Reaction score
I am wanting to get people's opinion on snowmobile pants. I ride in the mountain's a couple times a year, but in the flat lands of Alberta and Saskatchewan mostly. (Yeah it sucks after you ride in the mountains) I ride in tempretures as low as -30's, but absolutely hate thick gear. I would like to hear what brands people like, dislike, recommend and why. I already have some mid layer gear, but still want insulated pants. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear my motorfist rekons in bc and sask. Dont get cold ever. Sask i weam fleece sweats and moisture wicking long johns under. In bc i wear either just boxers or long johns.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear my motorfist rekons in bc and sask. Dont get cold ever. Sask i weam fleece sweats and moisture wicking long johns under. In bc i wear either just boxers or long johns.

X2 on the MotorFist rekons!

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have HMK. I've never been cold or wet, and would buy them again.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe motorfist has an insulated technical pant this season, you should check them out. I wear skidoo helium 50's and love them but no insulation.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wore Klim Free Ride pants this past season, in everything from mountain riding to -27C flatland riding. My legs were never cold. In general I strongly prefer pants over bibs.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wore Klim Free Ride pants this past season, in everything from mountain riding to -27C flatland riding. My legs were never cold. In general I strongly prefer pants over bibs.
My HMK's are pant's too, and I have found them better than bibs too. I did take my pants to a tailor and had elastic straps sown on them, but I doubt I'd ever go back to bibs.

jackedtotheroof

Reaction score
I ride all klim gear all the time. Gloves, pants, boots, the works. I've rode on the worst of the worst of days and I've always been good to go. I highly reccomend to trying out klim gear. Super comfy and easily mannouverable in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Klim Togwotee bibs. No insulation. If need be it is layers underneath depending on the cold. Very light fleece/polyester down to -20C. I like the bibs because my back doesn't get cold nor snowy.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what you ride, skidoo makes some nice sledding gear, goretex. if you ride another brand of sled, motofist is good, klim is also just a little pricey. i have scott reima-tek, which has been real good and i can attest to being water proof.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had Motorfist and HMK... Motorfist all the way they are more durable and way more waterproof. I like HMK but price equals quality thats a fact. Motorfist is top of the price ladder but for a reason. Keep an eye for last year closeouts on motorfist and ya can save 30-40%

so if ya want the best quality it will be motorfist or klim

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got the MF but you should take a look at TOBE hrtoffroad turned me onto the gear and it looks to be as good as Klim or MF and a better price. Cheers.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got the MF but you should take a look at TOBE hrtoffroad turned me onto the gear and it looks to be as good as Klim or MF and a better price. Cheers.

haha I wear Motorfist pants and TOBE Devel jacket. The new TOBE gear is also great stuff, very durable and waterproof as well. ANd they are great to deal with but so is motorfist :)

It will be a tuff choice on the next purchase,

check out TOBE for sure as you dont see many people with it so you dont look like a clan wearing all the same gear lol unless ya like that

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
150 cms' DRY all day :) with TOBE and Motorfist

bLOWERDAY.jpg

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guy's no opinions you may get spanked or banned.

Russell P

Reaction score
Thanks guys, will seriously look at klim and motorfist. Does anyone out there have experience with ice rock gear. The reason I am asking is last winter on our way to valemount we met up with a guy in Hinton who was a spokesman for ice rock. We got talking about different types of gear and one of my friends commented on how he was going to be looking for some new gear the following season. The guy (can't recall his name, chopper pilot in the summer time) walked over to his trailer, grabbed a pair of pants and handed them to my friend and said try them out for the weekend and see what he thought of them. At the end of the weekend, give them back and tell him what he thought. ( ended up we were both staying at the same hotel) he rode with them all weekend and loved them. Instead of giving them back, he ended up trying to buy them off the guy.

Top Bottom