Ok let's talk 2 stroke oils

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
V
Your not fooling anyone, you don’t have insurance. It took all your 3.5 brain cells to reply to a thread you never read. Move along.
Yes i read it. Your original statement was not very clear, i was trying to figure out what insurance had to do with oil. I did not know that your insurance company can deny a claim because you did not use a specific brand of oil. That solves the mystery of why the adjuster had a rag in his hand when he looked at my sled after i crashed it. I bet if i had 4 brain cells i would have figured it out sooner.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
V
Yes i read it. Your original statement was not very clear, i was trying to figure out what insurance had to do with oil. I did not know that your insurance company can deny a claim because you did not use a specific brand of oil. That solves the mystery of why the adjuster had a rag in his hand when he looked at my sled after i crashed it. I bet if i had 4 brain cells i would have figured it out sooner.

I don’t want to argue on here man. Never do. What I know for certain is insurance is going up. We’re also talking about sleds that are selling for more than $20,000. Side by sides for more than $30,000. An insurance company will do whatever they can to get out of paying. If that means dipping your tank they will do it.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was always of the understanding that 50:1 was its maximum/minimum mix recomendation
when I was a kid my dad would use chevron 2 stroke oil in our outboard boat motors and mix 40:1
He used Chevron oil because some guys he knew that raced boats said it was rated up to 100:1 and they mixed it that
ratio in there race boats, so he figured it had to be the best. I know in our enduro bikes (gasgas) we use the amsoil at 50:1 mix and never had a problem
Have a new beta in the garage now and its a oil injection system so will monitor the amsoil usage once the snow is gone

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's like how not all of your cocaine is actually cocaine

Similar process. someone mysteriously adds the Solvents and Detergents, but the exact composition or where it came from is unknown to the end user.

But your dealer will tell you its the good stuff, the pure shellborn if you will.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 100 to 1 is an EPA emissions thing from what I can tell. Sacrifice your motor longevity to save the whales ....

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil thread 11 pages long after 1 day.... you can’t make this stuff up better.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And we still don't know what filler is.

Or if XPS is actually 100:2

More questions than answers.
If the oil bottle says your good to go at mixing the oil at 100:1 instead of 50:1 - that must mean that it's a better oil than a 50:1 oil right? That's a question that can answer itself

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to get the answer from a chemical engineer at amsoil - need to ask them the difference between the 50:1 dominator oil and the 100:1 saber oil - that's where the answer lies

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's the breakdown on the ves oil all the oils I bet have their " trade secrets" too

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to get the answer from a chemical engineer at amsoil - need to ask them the difference between the 50:1 dominator oil and the 100:1 saber oil - that's where the answer lies
Shouldn't John Shane (Shellbourne) be able to back up your claims with some facts? Not Amsoil.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't John Shane (Shellbourne) be able to back up your claims with some facts? Not Amsoil.
Absolutely - what I'm saying is - I would love to get answers from a company that makes both oils - dominator and saber oil - same manufacturer completely different oil chemically because of the ratios that you are able to successfully mix the stuff at - Lord give me the patience please oh sweet baby jesus

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely - what I'm saying is - I would love to get answers from a company that makes both oils - dominator and saber oil - same manufacturer completely different oil chemically because of the ratios that you are able to successfully mix the stuff at - Lord give me the patience please oh sweet baby jesus
Standing by.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
amsoil say's saber oil is not tested or recommended for power sports use.

it is meant for chain saws.

Top Bottom