Ok let's talk 2 stroke oils

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’re selling an oil that you haven’t ran yet??? Is how I read this. You’re going to start running it in your 5100km sled and “see what happens”. That comment right there would ensure I would not only not bet ordering Shellborne oil, but I wouldn’t order from you. There’s a difference between selling a product that you stand behind verse selling a product to make a buck. Plus XPS in bulk on sale is only $11/L
The coop xls is 9 bucks a L when on sale

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 6462kms on my sled, I've never changed the fuel pump or injectors, never had a fuel related issue for that matter, I've been mixing oil in the fuel almost since day 1. The dealer even mixed oil in the first tank for break-in. For such a terrible idea it's working pretty well.

Now I wouldn't do the same with a direct injected doo.
Ahh ok your a Polaris rider I take it?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran dominator in my pro. I had a shot glass size container in my tunnel bag. Every time I filled up I put that shot glass of oil in my tank. Fouled a plug at 2000km. It’s hard to break away from something that works is what I’m saying. Nothing against your oil, but if it ain’t broke there’s nothing to fix.........

Should also mention, my brother in-law wrote of a new XRS in Ontario. Brande new, when he dropped it off at the dealer to see if it was worth getting fixed the first thing they did was dip the tank. He was running there oil. 2 weeks later he got a cheque for the amount he paid for the sled.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should also mention, my brother in-law wrote of a new XRS in Ontario. Brande new, when he dropped it off at the dealer to see if it was worth getting fixed the first thing they did was dip the tank. He was running there oil. 2 weeks later he got a cheque for the amount he paid for the sled.
What are you talking about? He didn't think it had warranty and the dealer dipped the tank and was so happy it was doo oil they gave him a cheque for the whole sled? You day drinking again?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? He didn't think it had warranty and the dealer dipped the tank and was so happy it was doo oil they gave him a cheque for the whole sled? You day drinking again?

No, learn how to read. I’m saying they can use it as an excuse to screw you. Follow along.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say keep spending the $65/3.78L of dealer oil until your off warranty - then switch to shellbourne once your not concerned about warranty anymore if you wanna save $ on oil - f you don't want to save $ on oil then Continue running the dealer oil

But in reality, oil is about the cheapest part of sledding already.
Hotel rooms, restaurants, $70k truck to haul them, sleds are $20k, insurance, gas for the sled and truck, parts that break or wear out, riding gear, Inreach and subscription, add it all up, then compare to 2 stroke oil burned per ride, and the oil isn't even a blip on the graph of money spent.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But in reality, oil is about the cheapest part of sledding already.
Hotel rooms, restaurants, $70k truck to haul them, sleds are $20k, insurance, gas for the sled and truck, parts that break or wear out, riding gear, Inreach and subscription, add it all up, then compare to 2 stroke oil burned per ride, and the oil isn't even a blip on the graph of money spent.
This is true - but every dollar counts right now in this economy - if I could save you $5 a day on trail fees would you take the plunge? Because running the shellbourne oil will save you about the same amount? - if you wanna save a little bit of money and be open minded to trying a different oil give me a shout -if not no worries - get coop oil or xps or amsoil or cat oil or Polaris oil or whatever oil you wanna run

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, learn how to read. I’m saying they can use it as an excuse to screw you. Follow along.
Do you even know what you wrote? You said your buddy wrote off the sled. That means damage and an insurance claim if you have it. What does warranty and checking the oil have to do with it?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think the dealer hands you a new sled cause someone ran into you? Does the dealer cut you a cheque?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you even know what you wrote? You said your buddy wrote off the sled. That means damage and an insurance claim if you have it. What does warranty and checking the oil have to do with it?

The insurer asked to have the tank dipped. This thread is about two stroke oil. The insurer writes the cheque. Pm if you want to discuss. I’m not trying to derail a thread.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really that’s not that hard, Look how close that pipe is to the plastic, by the look of the color of that coolant bottle, your buddy also has an exhaust leak on the turbo somewhere.
Thats the poor fitment of the boondocker kit. That plastic piece also has to be trimmed, Lots of boondocker kits have done that.
If you dont pay attention to what’s going to be close during the installation of anything than that happens.
Yes I have installed a BD sidekick before.

Unfortunately you are trying to promote “snake oil”with very little educational facts from yourself. There is a difference between injection oil and premix and the ratios of the mix, than you can also have a oil designed to do both. One cannot be used in a injection system
Most 2 stroke race engines have the injection system deleted, that goes for jetskis as well.

Running a oil not designed for that engine can cause carbon build up, Poor combustion, etc. Is xps oil expensive? Yep, but I know my engine parts are oiled properly and the engine is covered.

How about you take your common sense and get right out of town? Try replacing your sound logic with unbridled enthusiasm and then you'll be ready to try this wonderful new product!!!

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The insurer asked to have the tank dipped. This thread is about two stroke oil. The insurer writes the cheque. Pm if you want to discuss. I’m not trying to derail a thread.
why wouldn’t the dealer install a new motor under warranty? I didn’t get a cheque when mine blew up, they fixed it. by the way, i believe the thread is already derailed, lol.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why wouldn’t the dealer install a new motor under warranty? I didn’t get a cheque when mine blew up, they fixed it. by the way, i believe the thread is already derailed, lol.

He was hit. There was more than the engine damaged. Jesus read the thread. I was merely stating that they dipped his injector tank. Because this is a two stroke oil thread.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was hit. There was more than the engine damaged. Jesus read the thread. I was merely stating that they dipped his injector tank. Because this is a two stroke oil thread.
Oh, i get it it now. I better check my insurance policy to make sure i’m running the correct oil.

Kyle89

Reaction score
Maybe it's one of those MLM scams where you try to get your friends/family to sell the oil the more people under you, the bigger the pay cut Lol

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, i get it it now. I better check my insurance policy to make sure i’m running the correct oil.

Your not fooling anyone, you don’t have insurance. It took all your 3.5 brain cells to reply to a thread you never read. Move along.

Top Bottom