Ok let's talk 2 stroke oils

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
@norona you have access to current specifications of full synthetic XPS?

And XPS rave full synthetic?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id had 3 year warranty on my last sled. And I got 2 motors out of that deal.. With Shellbourne maybe my engines would have lasted, but I doubt it.

Would 've BRP denied my warranty for using Shellbourne? Maybe not, but not worth finding out if you ask me....
You do you - I'll do me - I don't need warranty because I don't blow motors - and if I did I would fix them myself - I like to know my sled inside and out - I only let other people work on it when I had a few insurance claims from s-module etc. - I try to avoid stealerships like the coronavirus

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah but if brp voids your warranty for running it, is it worth saving a few bucks a gallon?

to me not all.

if you are a mod guy and warranty is no issue then run what ever.
I still to this day, say and feel that coop makes the xps doo oil

There xls is so close it's not funny ( and used to be tinted red exactly the same)

Had 3 doos on it, 2010 xpx with 3800 miles on it and not opened up
2014 xmx with 10000 km on it now, never cleaned raves or had issues once
2016 t3174 with 7000 km on it now, never opened up

Buddy of mine had a 670 mod motor 720 cc

10000 Miles on bottom end and counting, that sold me on the oil

Plus it's 50 for a 5 L jug when not on sale

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do you - I'll do me - I don't need warranty because I don't blow motors - and if I did I would fix them myself - I like to know my sled inside and out - I only let other people work on it when I had a few insurance claims from s-module etc. - I try to avoid stealerships like the coronavirus

no buddy I really want you to convert to stock sleds and xps oil
. that's what I'm here for. :rolleyes:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and I want to convert u to the modded sled and run the shellbourne that's what I'm here for

You just about had me until you couldnt explain what "fillers" 50to1 oil had in it instead of the pure "lube" of 100to1 lol

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and I want to convert u to the modded sled and run the shellbourne that's what I'm here for
If you stop trying to convert people you will have more people interested. Getting guys to switch with what they trust will be very difficult. Once guys can see the results first hand you will get them converted.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna stop trying to do anything - all I'm gonna say is : "the shellbourne 100% synthetic 2 stroke oil in my opinion is a very high quality oil for less money than other oils and you get more quantity" so if you wanna put more money in your pocket for gas - private message me for more info

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I drop a cylinder in my stock 850 using Shelborne oil, will Shelborne help a guy out?
I would say keep spending the $65/3.78L of dealer oil until your off warranty - then switch to shellbourne once your not concerned about warranty anymore if you wanna save $ on oil - f you don't want to save $ on oil then Continue running the dealer oil

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say keep spending the $65/3.78L of dealer oil until your off warranty - then switch to shellbourne once your not concerned about warranty anymore if you wanna save $ on oil - f you don't want to save $ on oil then Continue running the dealer oil

Coop xls full synthetic is 50 bucks plas tax, not on case lot sale for 5 L, so 10 bucks ish a litre

How much is your oil ??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Working on getting to the bottom of this - I'm thinking it's something in the 91 fuel in western Canada - I have a buddy with an 850 Doo with a sidekick and he's melting plastic too running 94 Chevron - it's not the shellbourne doing it - it's the base fuel - alot of people use the beatlejuice down in North Dakota and don't have this issue//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200223/5265cd5d74480ac5b819b9463231c854.jpg

Really that’s not that hard, Look how close that pipe is to the plastic, by the look of the color of that coolant bottle, your buddy also has an exhaust leak on the turbo somewhere.
Thats the poor fitment of the boondocker kit. That plastic piece also has to be trimmed, Lots of boondocker kits have done that.
If you dont pay attention to what’s going to be close during the installation of anything than that happens.
Yes I have installed a BD sidekick before.

Unfortunately you are trying to promote “snake oil”with very little educational facts from yourself. There is a difference between injection oil and premix and the ratios of the mix, than you can also have a oil designed to do both. One cannot be used in a injection system
Most 2 stroke race engines have the injection system deleted, that goes for jetskis as well.

Running a oil not designed for that engine can cause carbon build up, Poor combustion, etc. Is xps oil expensive? Yep, but I know my engine parts are oiled properly and the engine is covered.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coop xls full synthetic is 50 bucks plas tax, not on case lot sale for 5 L, so 10 bucks ish a litre

How much is your oil ??
It is also going to about $10 ish/L just waiting to find out if they are getting a better shipping company lined up

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really that’s not that hard, Look how close that pipe is to the plastic, by the look of the color of that coolant bottle, your buddy also has an exhaust leak on the turbo somewhere.
Thats the poor fitment of the boondocker kit. That plastic piece also has to be trimmed, Lots of boondocker kits have done that.
If you dont pay attention to what’s going to be close during the installation of anything than that happens.
Yes I have installed a BD sidekick before.

Unfortunately you are trying to promote “snake oil”with very little educational facts from yourself. There is a difference between injection oil and premix and the ratios of the mix, than you can also have a oil designed to do both. One cannot be used in a injection system
Most 2 stroke race engines have the injection system deleted, that goes for jetskis as well.

Running a oil not designed for that engine can cause carbon build up, Poor combustion, etc. Is xps oil expensive? Yep, but I know my engine parts are oiled properly and the engine is covered.
It got hot enough to wreck the bottle - that is not from poor fitment - everyone can run whatever oil they want for whatever reason that helps you sleep @ night - I'm going to run the shellbourne oil starting at 5100kms on my sled and see what happens - if you wanna get a good oil at a good price hit me up

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It got hot enough to wreck the bottle - that is not from poor fitment - everyone can run whatever oil they want for whatever reason that helps you sleep @ night - I'm going to run the shellbourne oil starting at 5100kms on my sled and see what happens - if you wanna get a good oil at a good price hit me up

Yep, it’s common with a BD kit to do that, and melt that plastic piece.

Look at the exhaust donut, I bet there is a leak there. Had to double the amount of springs and add a aftermarket turbo donut. Still leaked.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You’re selling an oil that you haven’t ran yet??? Is how I read this. You’re going to start running it in your 5100km sled and “see what happens”. That comment right there would ensure I would not only not bet ordering Shellborne oil, but I wouldn’t order from you. There’s a difference between selling a product that you stand behind verse selling a product to make a buck. Plus XPS in bulk on sale is only $11/L

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’re selling an oil that you haven’t ran yet??? Is how I read this. You’re going to start running it in your 5100km sled and “see what happens”. That comment right there would ensure I would not only not bet ordering Shellborne oil, but I wouldn’t order from you. There’s a difference between selling a product that you stand behind verse selling a product to make a buck. Plus XPS in bulk on sale is only $11/L
I'm sure there alot of people out their running shellbourne oil and having great success with it - I'm just starting out with the oil - like I said a person has to start somewhere - I don't care what oil you run in your firstdoo or your lastdoo - I'm a distributor for shellbourne products - I'm just out here with a small shop with a big dream - find someone else to give a hard time to - the shellbourne oil is a good oil for a good price

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off for many of us oil is the cheapest part of our sledding. Fuel, belts, hotels, fuel for the tow vehicle all cost more. I myself am not going to go out and risk my $5k motor on a product that doesn't even have a website, let alone a spec sheet for their oil, just to save a few bucks. Never mind turn down the oil pump because "it's 100:1 oil". I run Amsoil Dominator because it works, I also have my oil pump turned up and mix oil with the fuel because my turbo kit can wash the oil out of the lower rod bearings, I probably come close to 30:1 when all said and done, it smokes blue at idle but I'm not worried about scuffing a piston or seizing a rod bearing.

Second off you start what appears to be an informative thread just to plug your product looking for sales, and you're not even a supporting vendor. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been pulled...

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off for many of us oil is the cheapest part of our sledding. Fuel, belts, hotels, fuel for the tow vehicle all cost more. I myself am not going to go out and risk my $5k motor on a product that doesn't even have a website, let alone a spec sheet for their oil, just to save a few bucks. Never mind turn down the oil pump because "it's 100:1 oil". I run Amsoil Dominator because it works, I also have my oil pump turned up and mix oil with the fuel because my turbo kit can wash the oil out of the lower rod bearings, I probably come close to 30:1 when all said and done, it smokes blue at idle but I'm not worried about scuffing a piston or seizing a rod bearing.

Second off you start what appears to be an informative thread just to plug your product looking for sales, and you're not even a supporting vendor. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been pulled...
Mixing your fuel in the tank is a terrible idea of you have fuel injection - I hope it does get pulled cuz I'm getting sick of trying to talk to people about trying a different oil because everyone is so closed minded - this was a bit of a tester to see what it would be like dealing with other sledders about oil - I'm now seriously thinking about not selling the oil because I don't have the patience to deal with people like the people in the comments

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mixing your fuel in the tank is a terrible idea of you have fuel injection - I hope it does get pulled cuz I'm getting sick of trying to talk to people about trying a different oil because everyone is so closed minded - this was a bit of a tester to see what it would be like dealing with other sledders about oil - I'm now seriously thinking about not selling the oil because I don't have the patience to deal with people like the people in the comments

I've got 6462kms on my sled, I've never changed the fuel pump or injectors, never had a fuel related issue for that matter, I've been mixing oil in the fuel almost since day 1. The dealer even mixed oil in the first tank for break-in. For such a terrible idea it's working pretty well.

Now I wouldn't do the same with a direct injected doo.

Top Bottom