oil pump

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will smoke like no tomorrow the first time you fire them up after summer. Even after getting it to temp it still will until you get some RPM's through it. Get it on a track stand or wait until the season starts and get it moving and it will clean up.

I took a further look tonight and the screw is still making full contact with the rear tab so it is not bent that much - just slightly crooked but will do no harm. However I have reset the screw back to factory setting (how it was when I bought it) and will re-install the pipe n all in the next couple days and try putting it up on a stand for 10-15 min. But it may just be best to wait and make a final deliberating after the first trip of the season... hopefully only 6 weeks away!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could screw in the adjuster flush and upon start up and at idle it isn't going to have that drastic of an increase in oil output to cause it to smoke that much more. Old fuel doesn't help either.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I speak the truth, tea's or no tea's

sent while drinking tea's

01reid

Reaction score
Just picked up a new to me '13 pro and turned up the oil 3 turns. Just took the hood off and used some extensions. 10 minutes and done. How ever, when tightening set screw I over torqued it a bit and bent the bracket down a good little bit. DEFINETLY be sure to brace it as I spent 20 minutes straighting it carefully. I would have used some long needle nose pliers or a big flat head to counter the torque of the ratchet.

Will be hand caclculating it to be sure its close to 40:1 and not 70 or 90:1 like some are finding.

Outta curiosity has anyone that turned up the pump early on still had the dreaded "1500ish kms skirt failure"?
Yup I wrecked my broke the skirt off my cylinder wall at 2500 miles with oil turned up and fix it kit installed at 800 miles, not a heavy rider either but mostly mountain miles

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this an adjustment that should be done to the new axys?
It's not even outta break-in mode so I don't wanna screw anything up!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this an adjustment that should be done to the new axys?
It's not even outta break-in mode so I don't wanna screw anything up!

With the Axys the computer controls oil injection rate via an electric pump. Same as Doo Etec's.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the Axys the computer controls oil injection rate via an electric pump. Same as Doo Etec's.
I knew that.

I don't know why I asked. Lol.

Oy it's been a long summer.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew that.

I don't know why I asked. Lol.

Oy it's been a long summer.

There is a company offering custom ECU reflashes that increase oil pump output among other things for the Axys.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know approximately how much the ratio goes up per turn of the screw?
Just picked up an 11 switchback and was thinking of getting this done when the engine is part for new pistons

Last edited:
Top Bottom