2019 alpha starting problems?

Randy J

Reaction score
It starts fine when cold then I drive it to the cabin shut it off then it won’t start wait 15 minutes then it starts? Checked the fuel pump with a gauge it goes up to 63 lbs first pull?. Any ideas or help would be appreciated Tks

Levithan

Reaction score
When that happens, have you tried holding the throttle wide and pulling? Maybe flooded.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has always liked a little throttle when hot starting. I do it subconsciously now after almost 9000km. Second pull every time.

Randy J

Reaction score
Tried that it did not work. It has spark and will start with a little fuel down the cylinder so it’s something that isn’t allowing fuel through the injector when warm🤷‍♂️

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried that it did not work. It has spark and will start with a little fuel down the cylinder so it’s something that isn’t allowing fuel through the injector when warm🤷‍♂️
Is the sled completely stock?

Randy J

Reaction score
Tried unplugging the tss no different not stock boondocker sidekick I tried unplugging the boondocker box and plugging in the stock harness still wouldn’t start.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried unplugging the tss no different not stock boondocker sidekick I tried unplugging the boondocker box and plugging in the stock harness still wouldn’t start.
You need to switch to trick the cat into thinking it’s a cold start. Your turbo is running hotter and evaporating the fuel.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do I do that?
I can’t remember. It was a couple sleds ago. But that’s what it sounds like going on your fuel is evaporating.
I think it was Brent Lindermans idea
Arctic edge

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can’t remember. It was a couple sleds ago. But that’s what it sounds like going on your fuel is evaporating.
I think it was Brent Lindermans idea
Arctic edge
Cutlers turbo kits came with a toggle switch that was wired to fool the ecu into thinking the engine was cold so it would give extra fuel for hot starts. Sled doesn't start? Flip switch and try again. Once engine starts flip switch back.

I knew a guy with a scabby Cutler setup on a 12. Even with estart that thing often wouldn't start hot.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cutlers turbo kits came with a toggle switch that was wired to fool the ecu into thinking the engine was cold so it would give extra fuel for hot starts. Sled doesn't start? Flip switch and try again. Once engine starts flip switch back.

I knew a guy with a scabby Cutler setup on a 12. Even with estart that thing often wouldn't start hot.
I knew somebody else would remember.
Guaranteed Brent Linderman or Rory at Shuswap extreme could help with that

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It starts fine when cold then I drive it to the cabin shut it off then it won’t start wait 15 minutes then it starts? Checked the fuel pump with a gauge it goes up to 63 lbs first pull?. Any ideas or help would be appreciated Tks
Sounds like a fuel pump. Checking the fuel pressure when the pump is cool will give you only an idea but not a true diagnostic.
Fuel pump that is weak will loose pressure once warmed up or hot.
I would pull the pump and check the fuel strainer, easy peasy to do. A clogged strainer will cause the pump to work over time, also while its out I would check the pressure regulator, if the strainer is clogged I guarantee the regulator will be dirty. It may even stay open and dump the pressure back to tank when the motor is shut down. Thus requiring extra revolutions to reprime the system on start up when hot or even a no start may be experienced till cooled.

Randy J

Reaction score
We had the gauge on at a shop in Revy ran it up to 127 degrees to recreate the problem and it held the fuel pressure the whole time did it a couple of times as we tried a few things it held pressure both times ran up to temp both times not sure what the issue is

Top Bottom