15" track

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to try a freeride yet ... got an expert and also have a 15" lynx track sitting in my garage... wondering if the handling characteristics would be noticeable

easy enough to change the track and I'll probably give it a try when we get more snow ..

but was wondering if anyone else has run 15" track on the expert

would be hard to tell between the freeride and expert due to wider front stance

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a 2023 lynx track, its not a fair comparison. The G5 lug pattern works extremely well and the lugs go right to the edge of the track belt. The 2024 lynx has the new lug design. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell says a mountain sled can't have a 15" track, only 16" so I guess be prepared to get owned by old trailing arm sleds with a 16"er under em, possibly even leaf spring free airs if they crammed a 16" in it.

3f2.jpeg

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a 2023 lynx track, its not a fair comparison. The G5 lug pattern works extremely well and the lugs go right to the edge of the track belt. The 2024 lynx has the new lug design. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That Lynx track worked pretty f*E@$ing good under my Boost last year ... I'm trying to like skidoos again .. just wish it handled more like my Polaris ....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the new freeride track, but its a decent video Caleb just put out today on tracks. And it might be useful to somebody, so ill post it here.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Lynx track worked pretty f*E@$ing good under my Boost last year ... I'm trying to like skidoos again .. just wish it handled more like my Polaris ....

It does work extremely well on a sled with a very crappy track. The G5 track chews and has alot more traction over the old lug design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the new freeride track, but its a decent video Caleb just put out today on tracks. And it might be useful to somebody, so ill post it here.

Yeah just watched that video, I have a track change coming up, might try laying the XM on the side and doing it, ive always done it on a sled lift, or on its skis with the ass end in the air.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does work extremely well on a sled with a very crappy track. The G5 track chews and has alot more traction over the old lug design.

100%
The Lynx track made a huge difference on my Boost, a G5 15" track would have been even better but they were not available at the time. The Boost 2.75 was to soft and just not enough lug for the power.
The Poo 3.25 is getting good reviews but need more snow and time to really know for sure how good it is.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100%
The Lynx track made a huge difference on my Boost, a G5 15" track would have been even better but they were not available at the time. The Boost 2.75 was to soft and just not enough lug for the power.
The Poo 3.25 is getting good reviews but need more snow and time to really know for sure how good it is.

Watched Caleb’s video and wondered how the G5 would react with the M77 under it. Not sure what the tracks are worth but might be worth a try

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats the track to put on a g5? Dropping the 3 and going to a 2.5-2.7 15 or 16 whats everyones experience

Top Bottom