oil pump

wildman

Reaction score
just got new 15 rmk. wondering if I should get the oil turned up . also gonna take the electric start off if anyone is interested.

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
3 turns is good if your not running a vented cap, if you are than you may have to go 2 turns or less, anyway calculate your fuel/oil ratio over a tank or two and stay somewhere around 30-1, 40-1. One ounce oil per gallon fuel in the tank is also a good idea. More advantages than disadvantages to running a bit rich on oil so crank it up, unless your 20-1 I wouldn't worry about fouling plugs too much.

orangemaddness

Reaction score
hey guys my dealer does not turn up the oil pump on their sleds but as I read this thread I can't help but think it can't hurt. Now I know the basics on these sleds but I'm no mechanic. Is this something I can tackle myself. I would appreciate any suggestions and tips you guys can give.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys my dealer does not turn up the oil pump on their sleds but as I read this thread I can't help but think it can't hurt. Now I know the basics on these sleds but I'm no mechanic. Is this something I can tackle myself. I would appreciate any suggestions and tips you guys can give.

Some guys have done it using a long reach and swivel to loosen the bolt to make the adjustment, but i'ts not hard to dissasemble the sled to get better access to the throttle bodies. Remove the hood , side panels, seat, tank and air box and your good to go, sounds like a lot but very easy to do on the Pro.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my pump turned up inside of 10 minutes. All I removed was the hood.
However you do it.... be sure to brace the bracket as you break the lock nut loose. Otherwise it's possible to bend the bracket and cause problems.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It took me about an hour to adjust my oil pump, but I'm glad I took the time to do it as the locking bolt was tight enough to bend the bracket.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you guys get to the adjustment screw? 10 minutes? Must have a trick to get to it. Suggestions?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over 2000 miles on my 2013 with the oiler turned up. Still on the original plugs and they look mint.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 turns on the pump for me, plus a couple glug glugs of AMSoil in each tank

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a new to me '13 pro and turned up the oil 3 turns. Just took the hood off and used some extensions. 10 minutes and done. How ever, when tightening set screw I over torqued it a bit and bent the bracket down a good little bit. DEFINETLY be sure to brace it as I spent 20 minutes straighting it carefully. I would have used some long needle nose pliers or a big flat head to counter the torque of the ratchet.

Will be hand caclculating it to be sure its close to 40:1 and not 70 or 90:1 like some are finding.

Outta curiosity has anyone that turned up the pump early on still had the dreaded "1500ish kms skirt failure"?

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2000 miles, 2014, not turned up. Four year warranty, not worried.

Top Bottom