Oil fans silent????

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between a goal and a game winning goal. Anyone can score on a breakaway or on the powerplay a lot of times. It takes a real player to score goals out of nothing, the sedins see most of there points on odd man rushes, breakaways or powerplays. They do so well because of each other. If one of them gets hurt, they loose two players because the other one is useless. Also a reason a lot of top point players can still be on loosing teams, scoring empty netters or goals on blowout games mean NOTHING. And no matter who they play with, they always do well.

There is a reason they make what they make and not what ovechkin or crosby makes. And a reason they won't lead the canucks to a cup this year.

Look at this year though bud, crosby is miles ahead of sedin with less games played. Sedin got only 3 more points last year with 1 more GP, no where close to as many goals though.

The canucks are on there way to another big loss. You can even see it with how they are playing right now.

Im not exactly sure you know what your saying bud....
First hockey is a team game, sure its nice to have a G beside your name on the points but someone had to set you up, thats why you get points for the assist. Second, there is no comparable offensive pair in the game today that can do what the Sedin's do. For sure they are going to get points from odd man rush, they are on the first line, its their job to beat the other guys down the ice, its not a fluke, its why teams practice this. As for the power play, silliest comment I have read yet, but then again that is 2min of a odd man rush, no brainer.
Third, you say if one gets hurt the other is "useless". Last year H. Sedin played in all 82 games totaling 112 points, D. Sedin only played in 63 games due to broken foot, totaling 85 points. Combined for 197 points in 145 games. Look at Sid the kid who totaled 109 points in 81 games with Malkin's 77 points in 67 games totaling 186 points in 148 games. So comparably the twins played less games and had more points. What do you think is a better deal.
Vancouver is the league in points as a team and points per player with 3 in the top 20. You cannot tell me they are not producing. Being a fan of any team a person would understand in a 82 game season you can't win them all.
Everyone complains they lost to the Blackhawks 2 years in a row. Yes they did, last year the hawks went on to win the cup, and the year before hawks went on to play the red wings who went to the finals so its not as though they were beat by a lesser team.

zduck14

Reaction score
Im not exactly sure you know what your saying bud....
First hockey is a team game, sure its nice to have a G beside your name on the points but someone had to set you up, thats why you get points for the assist. Second, there is no comparable offensive pair in the game today that can do what the Sedin's do. For sure they are going to get points from odd man rush, they are on the first line, its their job to beat the other guys down the ice, its not a fluke, its why teams practice this. As for the power play, silliest comment I have read yet, but then again that is 2min of a odd man rush, no brainer.
Third, you say if one gets hurt the other is "useless". Last year H. Sedin played in all 82 games totaling 112 points, D. Sedin only played in 63 games due to broken foot, totaling 85 points. Combined for 197 points in 145 games. Look at Sid the kid who totaled 109 points in 81 games with Malkin's 77 points in 67 games totaling 186 points in 148 games. So comparably the twins played less games and had more points. What do you think is a better deal.
Vancouver is the league in points as a team and points per player with 3 in the top 20. You cannot tell me they are not producing. Being a fan of any team a person would understand in a 82 game season you can't win them all.
Everyone complains they lost to the Blackhawks 2 years in a row. Yes they did, last year the hawks went on to win the cup, and the year before hawks went on to play the red wings who went to the finals so its not as though they were beat by a lesser team.

Well put SWAT. People still have this perception of the Sedin's as a couple young kids getting pushed around the ice and being slightly less than point per game players. Now that they are among the league's elite (YES, HENRIK WON THE HART TROPHY LAST YEAR!) and the Canucks are on top of the league, these fans can't stand that their team is simply not near as good as a team that has never won a Stanley Cup.

I honestly can't count the number of times the Sedin's have been able to create a goal out of what looks like nothing. All highlight reel goals too. Just look at 09-10's goal of the year. These two, somehow, know exactly where each other is on the ice at all times. There's not another duo that can play the game the way the Sedin's do. As for game winning goals, Daniel Sedin just tied Markus Naslund for the franchise record in game winners in 134 fewer games.

Comparing any player to Crosby right now is just pathetic and shows how little people know about hockey. Sidney Crosby is, hands down, THE BEST player in the world. He's almost guaranteed to have more points than the Sedin's since he plays 21:55 per game compared to the Sedin's 19:12 and 18:39. Also, the powerplay point thing is a very ridiculous argument seeing as Crosby plays 5:25 per game on the powerplay as opposed to the Sedin's 3:39.

You know, there's all this hype around Taylor Hall and how he's the Oiler's "saviour", but for what? 27 points and a -7? Wow, he's sure turning that franchise around. Looks like he's really helped out in the goals for category too. So much so that they're in last in the West again and 27th overall in the league. Hmmm..... Some hero he's been. Oh, and that 151 goals against looks really good too. Good enough for worst in the NHL.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some good points, however i do believe that hall will help turn the oil around. just watch zduck, the oil will be a strong force. i have said it before and will say it again. the oilers need a leader.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aweful lot of upset Vancouver fans hangin out here on the Oilers thread....must be wanting to see what its like to be winners for a change. Real easy to be bragging cause you are doing well in the regular season but until you actually raise a Stanley cup you are still a bunch of underacheiving losers.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aweful lot of upset Vancouver fans hangin out here on the Oilers thread....must be wanting to see what its like to be winners for a change. Real easy to be bragging cause you are doing well in the regular season but until you actually raise a Stanley cup you are still a bunch of underacheiving losers.

Whoa whoa whoa lets not forget this wasnt an oilers thread! But an oilers bashing thread :d
And seriously its been a helluva a long time since the oils raised anythin besides their heroin beer prices
On a side note habs won tonight

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was a Oilers bashing thread, started by Oiler fans. As for the unachieving losers.... How many current Oilers have cup rings? Im not saying any current nucks do but lets not call the kettle black.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
This was a Oilers bashing thread, started by Oiler fans. As for the unachieving losers.... How many current Oilers have cup rings? Im not saying any current nucks do but lets not call the kettle black.

hmmmmmmm, again back to the basics....... when was the last time the "nucks made an appearance in the stanley cup finals? THOUGHT SO!;)

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm, again back to the basics....... when was the last time the "nucks made an appearance in the stanley cup finals? THOUGHT SO!;)

94, with the exception of a miracle on ice run in 06, edmonton hasn't been there since 92.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gotta make a correction here swat, this thread was started by someone that despises the coilers, not a fan. Aaaaand since its a little canadian team war in here, the last one to actually hoist the cup are my boys in 93, hows dem apples?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta make a correction here swat, this thread was started by someone that despises the coilers, not a fan. Aaaaand since its a little canadian team war in here, the last one to actually hoist the cup are my boys in 93, hows dem apples?

Ya, it's pretty sad that the american cities have hoisted that dam cup ever since '93!!!! Frickin' nhl!!!

Dem apples are bitter, that Canadians team was a force. "I will never play in this city again". HAHAHA classic Roy

At least most cup winners are canadian players. Don't really care where they play as long as the cup makes visits to the local towns of the players who have won it.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
94, with the exception of a miracle on ice run in 06, edmonton hasn't been there since 92.

how can you make an exception??????

I get the whole no cup since the 1989/90 season thing... but to say "except" for the 06 miracle run... we were 1 freaking goal away... when is the last time vancouver, calgary, montreal, ottawa, toronto were 1 freaking goal away?????

I wasn't here for the "glory days" infact I was a die hard Montreal fan in 93 for their last cup..... wasn't an oilers fan until 1995 season when I moved to Edmonton and we may suck right now but at least we hopefully have something to look forward too in the kids.....

you can not "except 2006" because that was FREAKING AWESOME, I've never lived in a city that was such a buzz, I can't wait until our next playoff run win or lose, won't be this year but it's not far off..

Just sayin...

Vancouver sucks "except for"..... no wait... they just suck....

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a die hard Oilers fan, but I think Canada's best hope right now to bring the cup back is the Canucks. And it's to bad cause we all know how that's going to turn out. Oh well it's been 18 years, we can wait till 2015 for Taylor and Jordan to hoist the cup for us.

Trench:beer:

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
Well put SWAT. People still have this perception of the Sedin's as a couple young kids getting pushed around the ice and being slightly less than point per game players. Now that they are among the league's elite (YES, HENRIK WON THE HART TROPHY LAST YEAR!) and the Canucks are on top of the league, these fans can't stand that their team is simply not near as good as a team that has never won a Stanley Cup.

I honestly can't count the number of times the Sedin's have been able to create a goal out of what looks like nothing. All highlight reel goals too. Just look at 09-10's goal of the year. These two, somehow, know exactly where each other is on the ice at all times. There's not another duo that can play the game the way the Sedin's do. As for game winning goals, Daniel Sedin just tied Markus Naslund for the franchise record in game winners in 134 fewer games.

Comparing any player to Crosby right now is just pathetic and shows how little people know about hockey. Sidney Crosby is, hands down, THE BEST player in the world. He's almost guaranteed to have more points than the Sedin's since he plays 21:55 per game compared to the Sedin's 19:12 and 18:39. Also, the powerplay point thing is a very ridiculous argument seeing as Crosby plays 5:25 per game on the powerplay as opposed to the Sedin's 3:39.

You know, there's all this hype around Taylor Hall and how he's the Oiler's "saviour", but for what? 27 points and a -7? Wow, he's sure turning that franchise around. Looks like he's really helped out in the goals for category too. So much so that they're in last in the West again and 27th overall in the league. Hmmm..... Some hero he's been. Oh, and that 151 goals against looks really good too. Good enough for worst in the NHL.

Go easy on the kid. (Hall)

2003-04 Vancouver NHL 82 18 36 54 18 1 15 0 0 3 18 153 11.76 -
2002-03 Vancouver NHL 79 14 17 31 8 4 3 0 1 2 34 134 10.45 -
2001-02 Vancouver NHL 79 9 23 32 1 4 5 0 0 2 32 117 7.69 -
2000-01 Vancouver NHL 75 20 14 34

These are Henricks number for the first 4 years he was in the league. I believe both the Sedins have developed into amazing hockey players but it took them way longer than most. Since it wont be my team winning (Oilers) I hope it is Vancouver.

Cheers,:beer:

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good points bigm Taylor Hall is still a 19 year old kid, but anyone with hockey knowledge can tell he is a very talented player. Just hope he does'nt get hurt with his all out style of play.

Trench

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you can not "except 2006" because that was freaking awesome, i've never lived in a city that was such a buzz, i can't wait until our next playoff run win or lose, won't be this year but it's not far off..

Just sayin...

Vancouver sucks "except for"..... No wait... They just suck....

bogger.......did you ever make it down to whyte avenue during the cup run?? We were down almost every nite of the wins...... ;)

Top Bottom