Oil fans silent????

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? The Sedin's combined 6 points against the Coiler's were on lucky bounces? I recommend watching the highlights again. None of them were lucky, they were simply pure magic. Daniel and Henrik just keep proving they are among the NHL's elite game after game and we're talking the with the Malkin's, Ovechkin's, and Thornton's of the league, not the measly Hemsky's and Hall's.

By the way, do you actually think Whitney and Horcoff would have made a difference against the best team in the NHL?

P.S. Did Hemsky actually think he was going to fight Tanner Glass?

Big mac was looking for a scrap , where was tanner then ....? lol

zduck14

Reaction score

Tanner's not a dumb redneck like "big mac". If it wasn't for his fists, macintyre wouldn't be in the NHL. Glass knew the score of the game and laughed at Hemsky. I believe it was already 6-1 by that point so why fight in a blowout like that game?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That or he did not want his carreer to end that night....lol Mac would drop him so fast ,he would wake up thinking the caucks went out in the first round and he missed it, AGAIN.....lol. How many cups do you guys have .....That`s what i thought !!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That or he did not want his carreer to end that night....lol Mac would drop him so fast ,he would wake up thinking the caucks went out in the first round and he missed it, AGAIN.....lol. How many cups do you guys have .....That`s what i thought !!!

Well i know the habs have a hell of alot more.....thats right!!!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would put Rippen up against big Mac

You might , but i dought rippen would go for it.He would just talk the talk like the rest of the nucks ,then hide when mac comes out. No one on the nucks has the rollers to go toe to toe with Mac. They saw what happened to ratias or what ever the h*ll hiss name is...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you might , but i dought rippen would go for it.he would just talk the talk like the rest of the nucks ,then hide when mac comes out. No one on the nucks has the rollers to go toe to toe with mac. They saw what happened to ratias or what ever the h*ll hiss name is...

so true.....

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If noboby fights him his career ends; and that is the way the new NHL will be. The big heavys will disappear, but the fighting will not. Players will just be required to have the ability to play a regular shift, and chuck off the mitts and look after themselves. Lots of fights last night in the Anahiem vs St.Louis game and the only heavy involved was Parros; who also plays as a regular 4th liner. Big Mac and the other big heavy weights are only a factor if the other team let them be, other than that they are just a wasted spot on the roster. Just sayin'.:beer:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently you need a reminder of the only number that actually matters, THE SCORE, your big mac can fight all he wants but at the end of the day he doesnt seem to be helping his team win any games. you can't win if you can't score and you certainly cant score from the dressing room or penalty box.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5-2 oilers beat the wounded sharks, hall has more goals than jumbo joe thorton!!! dubey stood on his head for the victory!!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it funny oilers beat the islanders in regular time, yet the canucks barely won in a shootout. Also funny how detroit did the same against the canucks as the oilers. Every game against the oilers except for the last one was a one goal game. Sure don't seem like a top vs bottom team to me.

Comparing the sedins to crosby, ovechkin, and malkin is laughable. They are pretty good players but not even close to the other three.

Fighting is a decent part of it, especially if that line is a positive plus minus they are helping. I will say players like penner are better because they can play more, but also can't hit and fight like mac.

The more the canuck fans play their team up, it's just going to be that much more disappointing when they are knocked out early.....

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you may have wounded soldier syndrome. Ovi and Crosby are single players, last I checked hockey is a team game, and its more about being a complete team then it is about having a single star. Not that the caps and pens only have one guy they too are pretty solid all around teams. Oilers just arn't getting it done, Canucks are. Last time i checked you don't get more points for wining 10-0 then you do wining 2-1. 2 points is 2 points and after 60 min the team with the highest score gets those 2 points. A team that is on pace for 120+ points is highly credible in my books regardless of the logo on the jersey. One or two key trades could easily turn the oil around, they are not lacking talent, has to be leadership. Today they just don't have it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya and funny the oilers won :d

All I have to say is, loosing by one goal almost every game and getting close all the time means a lot more then getting blown out. It means that it doesn't take much more to start winning a lot of games.

I doubt the oilers will see the playoffs this year, but they are getting better so whatever, next year will be a lot better.

The thing is crosby, malkin, and ovechkin can steal games on there own if they really step up and play. Neither sedin can do that, they are lucky if they can do it together.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If noboby fights him his career ends; and that is the way the new NHL will be. The big heavys will disappear, but the fighting will not. Players will just be required to have the ability to play a regular shift, and chuck off the mitts and look after themselves. Lots of fights last night in the Anahiem vs St.Louis game and the only heavy involved was Parros; who also plays as a regular 4th liner. Big Mac and the other big heavy weights are only a factor if the other team let them be, other than that they are just a wasted spot on the roster. Just sayin'.:beer:

I agree with what your saying, but I don't understand why we see the Oiler players get run and gooned and no pay back. We have had so many injuries the last few years because teams take liberties with our skill guys and nothing happens. So we take a two minute instigater penalty, do you think Robin Ragher would still run Hemsky if he new that Mac was going to tune him in if he did. I remember when Semenko rode Gretzkys wing, if someone gooned him he was fighting whether he wanted to or not.

Trench:beer:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing is crosby, malkin, and ovechkin can steal games on there own if they really step up and play. Neither sedin can do that, they are lucky if they can do it together.

Really? Who was the leading points guy last year? Can't remember.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, and your other none game steeler danny sedin had to goals tonight, ovi had 0.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those guys (Sedin's) are magic together, they seem to have some kind of sixth sense about where the other is. I hate em, wish they played for the oilers.

Trench :d

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, and your other none game steeler danny sedin had to goals tonight, ovi had 0.

There is a difference between a goal and a game winning goal. Anyone can score on a breakaway or on the powerplay a lot of times. It takes a real player to score goals out of nothing, the sedins see most of there points on odd man rushes, breakaways or powerplays. They do so well because of each other. If one of them gets hurt, they loose two players because the other one is useless. Also a reason a lot of top point players can still be on loosing teams, scoring empty netters or goals on blowout games mean NOTHING. And no matter who they play with, they always do well.

There is a reason they make what they make and not what ovechkin or crosby makes. And a reason they won't lead the canucks to a cup this year.

Look at this year though bud, crosby is miles ahead of sedin with less games played. Sedin got only 3 more points last year with 1 more GP, no where close to as many goals though.

The canucks are on there way to another big loss. You can even see it with how they are playing right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom