november 25

cooper

Reaction score
Is it a stretch to plan a nov 25 sled trip to revy or golden or is winter going to be disapointing any:beer: fortune tellers here.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can smell the snow in the air. Take a step outside and take a deep breathe in your nose. You smell that too?

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard it was -1 in Grande Cache this morning, about the same alt as McB...pretty sure the snow gods are gonna wake up and start the coffee pot soon....let it snow let it snow

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here in BC, all I can smell is smoke lol..........but snow is on it's way!

In AB all I can smell is BC smoke (and not the funny kind)

I wonder if we can charge some sort of a fee for this? :d

All the long term weather reports are saying this region is expected to see lower than average temps with higher than average precipitation. Its a little early to predict yet, but in later September the weather guru's usually put out a final winter prediction.

This year its not an El-nino winter, but rather an El-nina, I have no idea what the real difference is.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not many years you can't ride Revy or Golden by the end of Nov...depends what kind of ride you're after or how many landmines will be there. Many of the creeks might still be open into some areas...like Quartz, but enough snow to ride. We make a tentative first ride date for Nov 11 each year :)

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i can get some pictures off the old computer I could show you the 6-7 feet of snow on Frisby last Nov.7th. Hoping to be sledding by the same time this year.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a stretch to plan a nov 25 sled trip to revy or golden or is winter going to be disapointing any:beer: fortune tellers here.

We did a trip early November last year. Frisby had plenty when we got there and close some 3 feet fell in the two days we were there. We had to stage from higher up bcz there was little snow in the parking lot but that was no biggie. Visibility was the chits, but boondocking rocked!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most places in BC no problems mid november. Want to plan a trip my self at the same time!

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Nov 25th will be epic. U.S. Thanksgiving is usually a huge kick off with some grooming already in place at times. Last year we were well into it.:)
Heres a pic from same weekend 2 years ago.
Please get your accredited AST1 training this fall and encourage those you ride with too as well.
Think snow.:d
RS

Attachments

• fuji revy now 08.jpg
    fuji revy now 08.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 35
  • fuji nov 8 08 2.jpg
    fuji nov 8 08 2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 29

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read on the internet that it is going to be a rediculously deep year this year, and the internet never lies...

:d:d:d

Top Bottom