NHL Playoff thread.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I wanted one one those Canuck players to take on McQuaid but none of them had the balls. I've always heard he is a mean sob and I was hoping to see if they were right. They say the Canucks have a tough D but I don't see much in the way of fighters that can stand up to the Bruins and actually win.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nucks didn't play that bad of a game at all, i dont think that they got out played. They out shot them but i give credit to thomas as he has been absolutely outstanding the past two games. But the penalty issues were rediculus. The best i think was chara blatently elbowing a guy in the head and nothing. Or when sedin got a penalty for tripping as the bruins had way to many men on the ice but sedin was the only going off. The nucks got away with a few also, but the ref's really need to learn how to be consistent on calls. If they were consistent then the players would know what they could and couldn't do and the games would be alot better.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I don't know to me it was fairly one sided...boston was deff setting the pace of the game.....heading into van with a new urgency now suddenly boston isn't the "under dog" they were in van's eyes

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nucks didn't play that bad of a game at all, i dont think that they got out played. They out shot them but i give credit to thomas as he has been absolutely outstanding the past two games. But the penalty issues were rediculus. The best i think was chara blatently elbowing a guy in the head and nothing. Or when sedin got a penalty for tripping as the bruins had way to many men on the ice but sedin was the only going off. The nucks got away with a few also, but the ref's really need to learn how to be consistent on calls. If they were consistent then the players would know what they could and couldn't do and the games would be alot better.

How are you blaming the penalties for the loss? Boston never scored on the PP anyways. The Sedin tripping call was a bad one but they were not a deciding factor. The Canucks played like chit and walked away with a 4-0 score to prove it. The Canucks were trying to be tough guys and you won't beat Boston at that game.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
How are you blaming the penalties for the loss? Boston never scored on the PP anyways. The Sedin tripping call was a bad one but they were not a deciding factor. The Canucks played like chit and walked away with a 4-0 score to prove it. The Canucks were trying to be tough guys and you won't beat Boston at that game.

Agreed, Boston are a big tough team. The way to beat them is to outskate them!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was just pointing out the fact of lopsided reffs. When sedin got the tripping call there were way to many bruins on the ice. They should've got the penalty not sedin. But you must've missed the part of my post where i said that THOMAS played outstanding. HE is the biggest reason than boston has tied up the series.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, Thomas is only 1 of the reasons that Boston has tied up the series, the Bruins defense and PK has been outstanding so it's a team effort.

Go to the NHL website and see who's leading in most category's in the playoffs, that will tell you all you need to know about who is the better team in the finals. Check every category and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Team Stats - 2010-2011 - Playoffs - Summary - Wins - NHL.com - Stats

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Like I said in my post before......the difference maker is that boston can hit and still play hockey.....van cannot hit and maintain a solid game at the same time....their only hope is to speed up and stop trying to out hit team like boston

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's how I see it too and after watching Kesler play the last few games, I think there's something wrong with him. He doesn't seem as fast as he was in prior series.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kesler has reverted back to the style of play that caused a lot of players in the league to hate him. If he forgets about the crap and plays the way he did in the first three series, he'll be a lot more effective as he's a good player. Remember that as well as Boston has played in these last two games, the ice in Vancouver will be faster than in Boston and that will help Vancouver. Not sure if that will be enough with the way Thomas is playing, but I expect that Van will play better there. Makes for a great series, and one can complain about some of the extra stuff, but I'd rather have an intense, physical series than a yawner with no emotion. These last two or three games should be gooders. I've watched this Stanley cup final more than the last two or three combined.

Last edited:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people complained about the ice but both teams have to skate on the same sheet. I'm sure Boston will like being on better as much as the Canucks. I just hope things don't get ugly if one team gets a decent sized lead, would really hate to see anyone get seriously injured over a damn game.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats going to happen if the Bruins win?....will it be another Boston tea party!:d:d

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just pointing out the fact of lopsided reffs. When sedin got the tripping call there were way to many bruins on the ice. They should've got the penalty not sedin. But you must've missed the part of my post where i said that THOMAS played outstanding. HE is the biggest reason than boston has tied up the series.

LOL In case no one noticed ,the nucks can`t score...They have been outscored 12 to 1 in two games and have 5 goals in 4 games. They won`t win squat at that rate.....The inbetweens are useless in the playoffs.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It will be interesting tomorrow night!

Forget about the ice, forget about the referees, as it will come down to who wants the cherished cup the most.

Bottom line, period!

Who can play the game, who can score the goals, who can stay composed, who can generate the energy......

So far IMHO, Thomas is the only Conn Smythe trophy candidate to date....hands down!!!

We'll see in another 24 hours.......

:vancouver::vancouver::vancouver:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the more levelheaded post by a Canuck fan that I've seen so far. There's no whining, no crying, acting like little girls in hockey. Man up and play your game and may the best team win.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
One of the more levelheaded post by a Canuck fan that I seen so far. There's no whining, no crying, acting like little girls in hockey. Man up and play your game and may the best team win.

Tough yapping/whining when reality hits me in the face!

I will feel bad if the Canucks don't win the Cup with all the work that Gillis and Vigneaut have done. Prior to the last couple of games Burrows and Kessler were on a newly minted mission and they have to get back on the train, so to speak!

:vancouver::vancouver::vancouver:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've said this before but I think Kesler is playing hurt and he isn't the same player he was in prior series.. I'm hoping for more of the same kind of play from the Bruins that we saw in game 4, game 3 was sort of an embarrassment to hockey for both teams. I thought both sides cleaned up their play quite a bit though there is still some animosity between some of the players but, that's hockey.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for this game.....I honestly hope for it to be a good back and forth game.....I loved the out come of game 3 and 4 but would prefer to watch a good hard fought game....I hope luongo can shake off the losses with thomas playing the way he is van will need him to bring his A game

Top Bottom