SC playoffs rnd 3 and Finals.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh hell, I said I was done talking about the SC playoffs after my Bruins got the boot but I just can't do it so I thought i'd start a thread on the remaining playoff run.

So what's everyones take on the Price injury, accidental or intentional? My personal take, Kreider was hit on the skate from behind by #22 Weise, it wasn't a hard hit but just enough for him to lose his balance. He was so close to Price there was no way for him to avoid the ensuing collision. IMO, I believe this series is all but over, no way a backup goalie will take them to the finals.

As for the west, the LA/ Hawks series should be a good one but I also think it's going to get nasty before it's over with, espeically with the possibility of Shaw returning. If LA can win one in Chicago, they could win this series but if they don't, they will probably lose it in 7.

Either way, whatever happens in the Eastern Conference finals, I think whomever comes out of the west will win the cup. Can the Hawks repeat or will the Kings win the second in 3 years?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your Bruins going out really screwed my bracket I had them beating Chicago in the final. With Price out Montreal is toast, he was red hot and that was a huge part of what got them past Boston. I agree that the West team will take it and I am thinking it will be Chicago.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your Bruins going out really screwed my bracket I had them beating Chicago in the final. With Price out Montreal is toast, he was red hot and that was a huge part of what got them past Boston. I agree that the West team will take it and I am thinking it will be Chicago.

Tell me about it, they screwed my bracket up as well. I had them and the Kings in the finals, oh well, maybe next year. lol

So it appears to me that whomever is in net for the Canadiens isn't really going to matter, the Habs can't defend the Rangers speed and that is their biggest weakness (Bruins take note!). I thought maybe Montreal might last night but it was not to be and now I think the Rangers finish them off in NY. As a Bruins fan, i'm liking the result of this series so far.

If LA can win tomorrow night, I think this series goes 7 and anything can happen, if Chicago wins then I think it will go 6 games. At the end of the regular season, who would have thought the Rangers had any chance to make the finals? Certainly not I!!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Game 2 of the WCF's tonight, should be another gooder. Pulling for the Kings to win (hard to believe i'm saying that as a Boston fan) and even up the series.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6-2, a fairly convincing win indeed! Waynes luck must have done it for them.

Tokarski starting again for MTL tomorrow, wouldn't mind seeing him get a W. Need to draw the series out a bit anyway.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Kings put it to them in the 3rd and may have found a weakness in the Hawks. This LA team will wear you down with a heavy forecheck then finish you off with constant offensive pressure. I'm liking the Kings chances of advancing to the SCF's, a win in Chicago is just what the dr ordered.

I don't give the Habs a chance in NY and the way Lundquist is playing, 1-2 goals isn't enough to beat the Rangers. I think NY wraps this sucker up at home in 4.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Habs pulled a rabbit out of the hat tonight with a win in New York. Outplayed but a win is a win.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rangers now have a stranglehold on the series at 3-1, it will be tough to win at the Bell but they've already won there twice in this series so it can happen. Looks to me like Subban has run out of gas, which isn't surprising considering his size (a bit chunky) plus all the effort he put forth in the Boston series. They might win tonight but IMO, they aren't winning this series because they have to beat Lundqvist and I don't see him losing 3 games in a row.

Same deal with the Hawks, the Kings defense has these guys frustrated and taking stupid penalties (Shaw) which will cost them the series. I had originally picked Boston and LA to meet in the finals and though Boston is out, I still like the Kings to win it all.

Looking forward to tonights game, hopefully whomever sings our national anthem doesn't butcher it too bad.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Touchdown! Still a looong road tho. If habs can steal game 6 at MSG theyll take it in 7.
Kings take their series in 6

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a crazy game. When the Rangers went down 4-1 I thought it was pretty much over, then they change goalies and come back and tie it. I think the Ranger ran out of steam in the 3rd, they didn't seem to have much of a push there at the end. Lundqvist looked like an average goalie and Tokarski wasn't too impressive either but that one save he made with the shaft of his stick was a good one, he definitley robbed Hagelin of a goal on that one. I'm betting Moore will get suspended for at least 2 games.

Pulling for the Kings to shut the door on the Hawks tonight, if they don't, they'll do it at home on Friday.

Last edited:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ole, ole, ole, ole..........oh wait! It was just a matter of time before the Habs were sent packing, enjoy the golf season Montreal!!

Kings will finish off the Hawks tonight. Go LA!!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello?? Buehler? Buehler? Buehler?? I thought you Canucks were suppose to love hockey? lol

LA vs the Rangers, should be an entertaining series and for the first time in a long time it doesn't really matter who wins the cup this year, I just want to see some good clean hockey.

So........who wins the Vezina, Hart, Norris, Selke, Calder, etc, etc?? My pick for the Selke is Bergeron and Rask for the Vezina (good thing playoff performance doesn't come into play).

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Bergeron is a great defensive player but the Vezina? Lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go Kings! I would like to see Sutter win another and throw another Stanley Cup dart into Flames fans hearts. HaHa.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, I gotta go with GO Rangers! Would like to see Alain win the cup that eluded him in Vancouver. Just shows how bad Gillis screwed up.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa for me it is out of spite. I have no dog in the fight for either team. I am cool either way. Lol.

Top Bottom