Flames announce 2008-09 regular season.

G

Guest1

The Calgary Flames announced today their 2008-09 regular season schedule. Calgary kicks-off the '08-‘09 campaign with back-to-back games against divisional rival Vancouver Canucks. The Flames open their season on the road in Vancouver on Thursday, October 9th and then face the Canucks again in the Flames home opener on Saturday, October 11th at the Pengrowth Saddledome.

The Flames' annual New Year's Eve home game has Calgary hosting the LOSERTON Oilers in the Battle of Alberta at 8:00 PM at the Pengrowth Saddledome. The Christmas schedule includes home games against Florida (December 12th), Chicago (December 19th), Anaheim (December 23rd), Ottawa (December 27th) and Minnesota (December 29th).

Calgary plays host to a five game home-stand (longest of the season) from December 19th through December 31st with Chicago, Anaheim, Ottawa, Minnesota and LOSERTON all making a stop at the Pengrowth Saddledome. The Flames longest road trip is a seven game trek from March 3-14th when the Flames travel to Ottawa, Philadelphia, Carolina, Atlanta, New Jersey, Detroit and Toronto.

The Flames will travel to the eastern seaboard twice, featuring games in New York City’s Madison Square Garden (December 7th), the Bell Centre in Montreal (December 9th), the Air Canada Centre in Toronto (March 14th) and likely the last time in the Igloo in Pittsburgh (March 25th).

Calgary will host the Northeast Division, highlighted by games against Toronto (November 11th), Ottawa (December 27th), and Montreal (February 9th) and will host the NHL’s MVP Alexander Ovechkin in a game against the Washington Capitals (October 21st).

The day-by-day breakdown is as follows: Monday (6), Tuesday (19), Wednesday (8), Thursday (16), Friday (10), Saturday (16) and Sunday (7). Other schedule notables include 14 back-to-back games as well as 21 home stints and 20 road trips.

The Bell Centre in Montreal will host the events of All-Star Weekend January 25-26th, 2009. NHL All-Star Saturday, including the NHL YoungStars Game and the Dodge/NHL SuperSkills will be followed by the 57th NHL All-Star Game on Sunday, January 26th.

The Flames regular season schedule concludes with a home and home Battle of Alberta, starting in LOSERTON on Friday, April 10th with the final Flames game of the regular season coming on Saturday, April 11th at the Pengrowth Saddledome. The final day of the 2007-08 NHL schedule is Sunday, April 12th with the 2008 Stanley Cup playoffs will begin on Wednesday, April 15th and concluding no later than Monday, June 15th.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Fab
I hope they win a couple for ya buddy LOL!Got the stuff today!
catmando!

Attachments

• P7240002.jpg
    P7240002.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 51
G

Guest1

Hey Fab I hope they win a couple for ya buddy LOL!Got the stuff today! catmando!

They always do...in the last 3 years CMD I have lost count how many I have won (GOT LOTS) but I do know I have only sent out a couple :d

Good to see the RON SUPERIOR arrived :beer: Hopefully Winnipeg keeps their LOSING streak going tonight against the 3 and 1 STAMPLICKERS.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
good to see the ron superior arrived :beer: Hopefully winnipeg keeps their losing streak going tonight against the 3 and 1 stamplickers.

guess the stumps lost to the worst team in the league... Winnipeg now 1 - 4 and stumps now 3 and 2.... Eskies will be 3 and 2 after tonites thumping of the TIGER CATS!

Last edited:
Top Bottom