Leafs announce 2008/2009 schedule

G

Guest1

The Toronto Maple Leafs will open the 2008-09 season by facing the defending Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings at the Joe Louis Arena on Thursday, October 9. Two nights later, the Maple Leafs will play their home opener against division-rival Montreal at Air Canada Centre.

Saturday night games once again dominate the Maple Leafs schedule with Toronto playing 23 times on Saturday (16 at home and seven on the road). The Maple Leafs do not have any home games scheduled for Friday and Sunday in the upcoming season.

The busiest month for the club is December as the team will play 14 games (five at home and nine on the road). The busiest home months for Toronto will be November, January and March as the team will play seven home games in each month while the busiest road month is December with nine road games. The Maple Leafs will close out the regular season schedule with home games against Buffalo on April 8 and Ottawa on April 11. The St. Louis Blues will play a 1 p.m. game at Air Canada Centre on Thanksgiving (October 13).

The new NHL schedule matrix for 2008-09 will see the Maple Leafs play six games against divisional opponents (24 games in total), four games against each non-divisional conference team (40 games in total), one game against each of the 15 non-conference opponents and three other games outside of the conference against Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. Toronto will face all 29 other NHL clubs on the schedule for the first time since 2003-04.

Check out the 2008-09 Schedule

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Toronto Maple Leafs will open the 2008-09 season by facing the defending Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings at the Joe Louis Arena on Thursday, October 9. Two nights later, the Maple Leafs will play their home opener against division-rival Montreal at Air Canada Centre.

Saturday night games once again dominate the Maple Leafs schedule with Toronto playing 23 times on Saturday (16 at home and seven on the road). The Maple Leafs do not have any home games scheduled for Friday and Sunday in the upcoming season.

The busiest month for the club is December as the team will play 14 games (five at home and nine on the road). The busiest home months for Toronto will be November, January and March as the team will play seven home games in each month while the busiest road month is December with nine road games. The Maple Leafs will close out the regular season schedule with home games against Buffalo on April 8 and Ottawa on April 11. The St. Louis Blues will play a 1 p.m. game at Air Canada Centre on Thanksgiving (October 13).

The new NHL schedule matrix for 2008-09 will see the Maple Leafs play six games against divisional opponents (24 games in total), four games against each non-divisional conference team (40 games in total), one game against each of the 15 non-conference opponents and three other games outside of the conference against Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. Toronto will face all 29 other NHL clubs on the schedule for the first time since 2003-04.

But really, who cares when the Leafs play????

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You like the old timer teams Fab? I have a friend that is a Leafs fan also. One day they will be good. Die hard fans. You not a major Flame fan? I watch hockey when I have to. I have sleds for winter fun

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Who gives a flying fawk?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so does that mean the migthy LEAFS will be coming to COW town for a game?
I was there for their last game here in 2004, i think it was their last game here. The Toronto Maple Leafs are the definition of Hockey in Canada, it is our sport and we rule the world with it so be proud. not saying they are the best team but I have a good feeling this season trust me.
GO LEAFS GO
GO LEAFS GO

p.s. who are their Goalies this year, when are they going to start playing Pogey

the Champ

Reaction score
Are the Leafs still apart of the NHL??? I just thought they were Being used for practise by the REAL NHL teams!!!

G

Guest1

GO LEAFS GO

I don't care what these peeps say about you JB behind your back..:eek:...GOT U DA MAN....:beer:

OVER!!!

ps...Rucky go wash the piece of corn and the rest of that brown stuff off your nose.

Top Bottom