"NEW" Yamaha 180 Hp Turbocharger Kit

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I have had customers do that mod with no problems what so ever, the exhaust is a tunnel dump already with a muffler and guy's have just cut off flange to the muffler and welded a short pipe with a tight 90 deg elbow and not overly loud either-Darren

powder muncher

Reaction score
If it is anything like the other rear mounts there is to much pressure under the back of the tunnel in deep snow and you loose significant amount of power due to back-pressure. Been there done that did not work out well. Go over the to and all is well. Turbos do not like back-pressure.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mpileftside.jpg mpio2sensor.jpg mpirightside.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zal

ridehard1212

Reaction score
Just want to throw out that I gave Darren at ES a call today to ask about fuel numbers for a buddies SC apex, that was not purchased from ES and Darren was very helpful in giving me some starting numbers along with a few tuning suggestions...

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally took the my demo nytro out today. Still marginal conditions here but it ran absolutely flawless!
Very impressive responsiveness and a/f was bag on.
Anyone in saskatoon area and want to try one out give me a shout and will arrange a time and place for your perma grin.

Nis240

Reaction score
Very impressive responsiveness and a/f was bag on.

Good to hear, wish mine was like that. Mine runs extremely rich pretty much all the time. Does anyone have instructions on how to change the settings on the gems box?

Last edited:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, wish mine was like that. Mine runs extremely rich pretty much all the time. Does anyone have questions on how to change the settings on the gems box?

what numbers you got on your A/F at idle, 1/2 throttle and wot? you have a 180 mpi turbo?

Nis240

Reaction score
what numbers you got on your A/F at idle, 1/2 throttle and wot? you have a 180 mpi turbo?

Idle is 11-12.5 cruising down the trail, it was 10.0 or richer and the guage goes blank (<10) when going into boost and in boost maybe 11 sometimes. Theres a bit of hesitation when going into boost because it goes so rich at that point... Arent all the boxes tuned the same??

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Yes all the boxes are programed the same, Give me a call Tommorow and I will go thru the programing with you to make it proper- Thanks Darren

Reaction score
Any word on hp numbers yet Darren? What the cost for upgrading to intercooled? Im not to far from you, If I happen to come down to edmonton in the next month or so I will contact you to come by and view/test this kit.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Kits stuck in customs !!! Should see them Tommorow-hopefully-DarrenIntercooler, fuel pump with regulator, Recirculating valve on turbine and remap of gems controller. Retails for 1799

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kits stuck in customs !!! Should see them Tommorow-hopefully-DarrenIntercooler, fuel pump with regulator, Recirculating valve on turbine and remap of gems controller. Retails for 1799

wow...fully upgradable? is the 230 as quoted up above in your post?

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Received them Friday and spent afternoon testing, I will be installing another kit next week-Darren

autopro

Reaction score
Received the 230 upgrade last Thursday and installed it on the weekend. Install went well and kit quality is outstanding!!!
Was not able to try it out because of poor weather conditions but will be out this coming weekend. Thanks Darren
Autopro:)

Top Bottom