"NEW" Yamaha 180 Hp Turbocharger Kit

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Ya theres no problem with cooling, We never seen a heat light all weekend on any of the machines. You are unable to see up front where the cooler is on the other kit as it was melted also-Darren

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Just recieved a couple of pallets of kits today, Will be shipping Monday. I will set up another new demo for test rides. The other demo is being enjoyed in Revy today in 3 feet of powder. "Running awesome" was the response. Darren

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
We have a couple of turbo machines built ready for guy's to try, They are 2010 Nytro 162 SE's in Black. Just give me a call when your coming out and I will have it ready for you to test. 780-997-3818 Darren

autopro

Reaction score
Darren,I have received the Turbo kit and the kit looks very well built. I am installing it tomorrow and I will contact you if I have any questions. It looks like the install will be easy. I will post some pics later.
Autopro:)

Old fart

Reaction score
i am wondering if you have a price on the intercooler option yet for this 180 turbo kit....i am running the 200hp mpi supercharger on one sled already and dont want a kit without an intercooler.....love the cold boost! sure looks like an easy install compared to the sc kit....

vip

Reaction score
just installed my mpi kit from E&S. Thing is an animal pulls harder mcxpress kit 180 on old sled. Darren was very helpful with any question that I had. I live at 1000ft and sled is running good, I run 2011 mtx 153. 6lbs of boost

ICULOKIN

Reaction score
Had the wifes sled (09 xtx 162")out on Sunday with the newly installed kit....pulls hard and ran flawless.Totally impressed with the quality and fit and finish of this kit...everthing fit without issue....and Darren was more than willing to answer my questions.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Depending upon year of sled (clutching) and which gauges you would like would determine total cost. The kit alone is 4299.00 Darren

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
With a new 1 3/4 back country track, stud protectors removed, Turbo installed with clutching and a 2 5/8 liquid filled boost gauge with black gauge cup. Turn key set up for you would be 7200.00 Darren

autopro

Reaction score
Turbo install was very straight forward. Darren was very help full with the questions I had(Much easier now that the install instructions are available on MPI's web site) I was very impressed with the fit and quality of the components.
I have installed a lot of performance parts as a mechanic and with this kit I did not have to modify parts to fit!!!! I would say most people with good mechanical skill could easily install this kit in under 10 hours.Going out this Sunday and will report back the performance. Trying out the new Gen3 skis also.
Autopro :)

FanaticalKilla

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo install was very straight forward. Darren was very help full with the questions I had(Much easier now that the install instructions are available on MPI's web site) I was very impressed with the fit and quality of the components.
I have installed a lot of performance parts as a mechanic and with this kit I did not have to modify parts to fit!!!! I would say most people with good mechanical skill could easily install this kit in under 10 hours.Going out this Sunday and will report back the performance. Trying out the new Gen3 skis also.
I helped a friend of mine install the kit last weekend and it was a flawless install. No issues. Everything was there, nothing missing. Fit perfectly. Power is unreal, he had to go out of town to work. But we are going for another ride on Wednesday to try her out again before he goes up to Kakwa.

luckyjones

Reaction score
had my mpi turbo out for A shake down run yesterday and.......... it was perfect! went about a 100miles. boost was 4 1/2 to 5 lbs without any adjustment. no lean spots in the fuel map. just flat out ran great. it pulled way hard and in the deeper firm snow it had no trouble at all standing on the tail light! boost made it a whole new sled. was an absolute riot to ride. perma grin. hats off to matt and darren. super easy install. great customer support. awesome kit. well priced.

autopro

Reaction score
Took my MPI turbo Nytro out today in 2 feet of fresh powder for it's first test runs. Went from 1500 ft to 4000 ft and performance was outstanding. Yamaha should have a turbo on from the factory. It definitely pegs the fun meter. I put on 45 miles with zero turbo performance problems. Only problems I have are with the AEM gauges I installed. The boost gauge won't auto zero (would read any where from -4 to +2 psi with key on,engine not running),wide band operation was erratic and most of the time was reading full lean reading with --- showing on gauge. I will have to test the gauges and try to figure out were the fault is. Only other problem I have is boost is addictive !!! I'll have to add the new intercooler when it becomes available. Thanks Darren
Autopro

Nis240

Reaction score
What happens if this kit is run around here at 2000 ft? Are they worried it will overboost?

Important: The PUSH Turbo kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not "void" your snowmobile's warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage.

twohillsboys

Reaction score
I have rode my nytro approximately 450 km's since installing the MPI 180 turbo. It has performed flawlessly, not missing a beat over any terrain and all conditions. I have ridden groomed trails, open fields and lakes, North Sask river banks and hills, from +10 C to -25 C. We rode yesterday from Two Hills to Veg. to Mundare, north to highway 29, and back east to Two Hills, about 160 km's, and in the words of autopro " boost is addictive". Thanks to Darren at E&S for all the help setting up clutches and fine tuning so unit performs to my riding style.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
[Only other problem I have is boost is addictive !!! I'll have to add the new intercooler when it becomes available. Thanks Darren
Autopro[/QUOTE]

We are currently working on a upgrade for the 180 kit, I will have it on the snow shortly. Darren

autopro

Reaction score
I just installed the boost tee with manual switch for above 5000 ft and tried it out this past weekend. Very impressed with the boost increase and performance gain. Boost gauge showed 71/2 lbs at elevation. Thanks Darren

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
We have been developing a upgrade for the 180 hp kit now. I will have it in Revelstoke (Yamafest) April 1-2 for testing, So far this thing rocks with the new fuel system, Intercooler, headshim and 2 blowoff valves. Darren

Top Bottom