"NEW" Yamaha 180 Hp Turbocharger Kit

autopro

Reaction score
Installed a Turbosmart manual boost control and a 45 degree elbow on the intake. Was nice to be able to keep increasing boost for higher elevation with just a twist of the dial. Having the intake higher worked very well,didn't have to knock the snow off it at all and was far enough back that I never hit it with my boot. Today was a good test with 3 ft of fresh snow.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333252509.548485.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333252509.548485.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 384
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333252569.255722.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333252569.255722.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 381
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333252624.647306.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333252624.647306.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 377

Dtripps

Reaction score
I have been following this recent arguement from the begining and in Summit boys defense Tabster does not like to hear the crude facts. As a distibuter you should be helping to provide the facts, not arguing your way around the facts. If this is the type of Chit that takes place when trying to find some information out about the MPI kit, from guys who are out there riding them, then IN MY OPIONION the extra money spent on the MCX would have been worth it. And say what you well because i ride the MPI 180 kit and love it, just leary about the 230 kit.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been following this recent arguement from the begining and in Summit boys defense Tabster does not like to hear the crude facts. As a distibuter you should be helping to provide the facts, not arguing your way around the facts. If this is the type of Chit that takes place when trying to find some information out about the MPI kit, from guys who are out there riding them, then IN MY OPIONION the extra money spent on the MCX would have been worth it. And say what you well because i ride the MPI 180 kit and love it, just leary about the 230 kit.

You should back read, I don't have a problem with any facts. Nobody posted any facts, They are all speculations and assumptions. You can show charts and draw your own conclusions from that because a turbo is bench tested to produce a said volume of air doesn't mean the rest of the plumbing will not create volume restriction and pressure increase. There is lots more to it than most realize. Anyone ever built a kit from scratch?
Probably not but lots of people seem to be experts.
Most peoples knowledge is gathered from what they read or from what someone has told them. Not from trial and error. This is another topic in its self.

I also said it a few times along with others members. Delivery and or presentation goes a long way. People often wonder why R&D and useful 411 is usually not devulged. Well this thead is a prime example.

Dude, you don't even know me, yet you make assumptions of what I think and what i should or shouldn't do.

I will be in Vale in 10 days and I will also have a 180 Mpi kit for people to try.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it doesn't seem to matter what i say. There has been no explanation to why the numbers don't work. I leave you with the maps and you can take away what i and others already know. It is too bad Snow and Mud cannot be used to get meaningful information. Too many brand loyalists and not enough reasonable individuals to promote real discussion.

View attachment 126634

haha. Well, I have ridden a couple E&S kits and they run have run very well. I have a 190 HP 2 smoker with a little weight shaved off and I rode with a 180 kit ordered from E&S and installed in Ontario, had 40 kms on it when the guy drove it across the country on his truck to ride out west, and it ran flawlessly at 5000 ft+ for a week. It was running right there with my sled toe to toe at 5000 ft and I feel that E&S builds a quality product and that it was as advertised because, although I was down a bit on power at 5000 ft, my sled is easily 120 lbs lighter. Maybe your buddy should take his sled to Darren for a tune up if its not running so good.......

Are you an engineer? :rolleyes: trying to compare theoretical #'s on a computer screen to real life scenario's..... Just like pump curves, it doesn't work to compare bench flow to reality. We use hot wire anemometers to flow test our compressors and air systems and the values are never what the compressor maps say from the manufacturers. Intake restriction, temp, load, heat soak, mapping etc etc etc will all change variables for your mathematical ratios just because the flow maps say they can, doesn't mean that it happens in reality. Were these maps generated on a flow bench with any restriction....? How about compressor efficiency? I love the guys that want to compare apples to thumb tacks and think that the same thing works in real life.....

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was great to see you guys....

all our turbo nytro's performed flawless... great conditions and good times were had by all who attended...

Top Bottom