New Sled Questions

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone could answer a couple other questions I have:

What's the best month during the year to buy a sled? Do they go on sale in the summer?

When you buy a new sled is it like buying a car where you can heckle the price down or do you just pay sticker price and that's it?

Im pretty sure sales of sleds have slowed down already even though there is more snow and ever, which means you can probably swing a pretty good deal right now. Also, don't you want a sled right now instead of febuary or march? The snow probably won't be this good for a long time might as well take advantage of it.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer:
youve had bad experiences with skidoo and ive had bad experiences with cat. so just becuase you think there junk doesnt mean everyone elses are.

Maxwell I am asking WHY just BRP? I have had both, still own both (Cat/ Brp)
I LIKE my 010 summit nice sled rides better than my M8. Motor has lots of power.(more than my 2008) but they(800cc brp class) have a LITTLE more problems than Cat's.(800cc as this is the class he is looking at) Just looking out for his money as he hasn't been in sledding for abit. Just saying that lots of other choices out side the BOX.

If its a dealer support thing than great go for it but if its because i had a BOMB back in 1996 and it was good. RememberAll brands are very good NOW this is why there is only 4 major brands left.

Maxwell take your BRP underwear off and look at the goods of all BrandsI was just giving him a honest fact about brp800cc engines. They produce a good product some really good engines as well but so does Cat, Yamaha, and Po.

SZprod. good luck with your purchase which ever brand you purchase.

P.S. still never answered my ? as to why Just BRP.

CHEERS BOYS :beer:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the reason he went with BRP is because he has a good dealer locally that he likes to deal with..... correct me if I'm wrong....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do not wear brp underwear lol. when buying my new sled it was between an m8 and summit and i just went with what has worked with me in the past, my dealer relations and knowledge for the product aswell as performance on the hill.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do not wear brp underwear lol. when buying my new sled it was between an m8 and summit and i just went with what has worked with me in the past, my dealer relations and knowledge for the product aswell as performance on the hill.

Yes our Knowledge for each brand does play a big role as i do like Cats clutching sysytem better than BRP,s But BRP's gives way more and easier tunability than Cat. Love the idea of clicking on the hill to get dialed in performance each time i ride as i ride from 1849ft to 8500ft. saves abit of time.

If it is that he has a BRP Dealer close it is a good choice to go with. Nothing can help you more than a Knowledgeable Dealer. And better yet a honest one.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like River Side Honda they seem nice an friendly. The second I went in there the sales guy stopped chatting and gave me the time of day and even though he knew I was not buying that day he still took 45min to show me all aspects of the sled. I will check out Martin Motor Sports as well and see how they are to deal with. I have not had a great experience at Cycle Works they are a little awkward to talk with and I know a guy who had terrible service there.

I guess I'm also guilty of being biased from riding bombardier sleds I have come to trust that they are reliable and last a long time.

I also like the look of them :)

Top Bottom