New Costco generator

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just got back from returning the dead unit. Lady questioned me about the fuel in the generator and before she anything else I informed her that I had called in yesterday and they never said anything about making sure there was no fuel in it.
Should have taken outside and somehow put it into your truck.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know were talking about discount brands here but my honda fell off my boat into 100ft of water. It sat on the bottom of the lake for almost a week before i could recover it. 5 years later it still works like new. Couldnt beleive it. They've got me for life now haha
What did you do to it when you got it out of the water?

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from returning the dead unit. Lady questioned me about the fuel in the generator and before she anything else I informed her that I had called in yesterday and they never said anything about making sure there was no fuel in it.
that is sorta common sense as they cannot store anything with fuel inside the building unless its in a explosion proof storage...

On a side note look at the specs closer on the dual fuel as when they are running on gas they get their full power but when they are running of propane they are reduced in their output, i have seen some specs where propane is almost 1/2 the output.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is sorta common sense as they cannot store anything with fuel inside the building unless its in a explosion proof storage...

On a side note look at the specs closer on the dual fuel as when they are running on gas they get their full power but when they are running of propane they are reduced in their output, i have seen some specs where propane is almost 1/2 the output.
I saw that. Quite a difference

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a tri fuel generator and natural gas makes even less power than propane.

They should have a setting for c12 🤣

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know were talking about discount brands here but my honda fell off my boat into 100ft of water. It sat on the bottom of the lake for almost a week before i could recover it. 5 years later it still works like new. Couldnt beleive it. They've got me for life now haha

They are bulletproof, my dads employee had a Honda 3000 fly out of the box of the work truck at about 60-70kmh 10 years ago, my dads still using it to this day, it’s a lil twisted but works perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I checked out the new Honda's. The new model 3200di is sure a nice one and super light weight. Only problem is the $$$$$. Or I could buy 1-2200 and 1-2200 companion model with the patch cord and get a total of 4400. Then maybe sell 2000w that can't be hooked up with another 2000.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also saw the BE4700 suitcase model made by BE power equipment , That seems to be a nice one too. A place in Fernie sells them for $250 more plus one extra tax than Ritchie Parts in Blairmore. Its not a Honda but the cost is certainly less

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also saw the BE4700 suitcase model made by BE power equipment , That seems to be a nice one too. A place in Fernie sells them for $250 more plus one extra tax than Ritchie Parts in Blairmore. Its not a Honda but the cost is certainly less
We sell the be gennys at my work

2800=2500 watt will do a a.c , 4700 is same idea as that one ya got at Costco

My problem with it over the 4500 Cummings , is yes its smaller and lighter but holds less gas by close to 1/2 , so have to fill it more often , only electric start and no remote start

Remote start for the win , the I power one I bought used with 0.8 hrs on it , has same chit as the Cummings, it's 400-500 cheaper at Costco, same looking engine and all

Only sooo many genny makers

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
As I stated before I have 2 honda's a EU2000 and a EU3000, never have an issue with them they always work and never disappoint. Yes a bit pricy. I bought my 2000 used and was a deal as he bought it and found it didn't power his AC, that was 12 years ago. Always good and dependable, and yes you need to lock it well. Had a EU3000 stolen once. My second choice would be the Cummins inverter one, still a bit louder but it works well. I have have a BE pressure washer its ok, has a honda engine but not a OVC quiet one, always works but is still made in China cheap knockoff of a genuine product. Just my 2 cents.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I checked out the new Honda's. The new model 3200di is sure a nice one and super light weight. Only problem is the $$$$$. Or I could buy 1-2200 and 1-2200 companion model with the patch cord and get a total of 4400. Then maybe sell 2000w that can't be hooked up with another 2000.
My honda 2000 really only is a 1600. so i bet the 3200 is not near what they claim. I do not have an AC unit to run, most of the stuff i do a lithium battery is quiet and good enough for a few hours. In hindsite i would have bought costco champion 3276WH solar generator for $2500, i think they are stackable as well. I have a few lithium batteries and a 3000 watt inverter that will run at 1800 watts continuous for about 1.5 hours on a battery, and the honda 2000 that has not been running for 5 years or more. I think two 2200 would be better than the 3200 ...good thing people comment and rate units.

Top Bottom