Generator

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 4300 dual fuel generator from costco and i have starlink on the rv so my wife can work from camp.
My question is she has her laptop and the starlink plugged in and the genny runs it no problem it runs the a/c also but when she first turns it on she loses her internet connection and has to boot up again. What im thinking is when she initially starts the ac it robs all the power to start up.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 4300 dual fuel generator from costco and i have starlink on the rv so my wife can work from camp.
My question is she has her laptop and the starlink plugged in and the genny runs it no problem it runs the a/c also but when she first turns it on she loses her internet connection and has to boot up again. What im thinking is when she initially starts the ac it robs all the power to start up.
I should say the the a/c 13.500 and needs 2750 to start

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s a big load draw on the generator, it will affect sensitive electronics, a hard start capacitor on the AC unit will help if it doesn’t have one. I highly recommend a surge protector on your trailer shore power as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ac would pull the generator down pretty hard and trip the breaker of it or the other stuff plugged in. Try turning the ac on the lowest/warmest setting with low fan. Then once it’s going turn the temp down. Really helped mine.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys thanks for the info ill pick a surge protector before i head back up

Top Bottom