Shop light recommendations

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Princess auto, wait for the sales that come on for linkable LED fixtures. Had electrician wire in 3 outlets along the roof, then just plug them in together. Can't beat the return policy at princess auto. The ones i got work fairly well, although the motion sensor feature of them is kind of annoying, seems when its cold in my shop(unheated) the timer is no where near 10 minutes.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is what I have 6 of, works out to 82 lumens per sq ft in my garage and I find it quite bright in there. But it's also nicely diffused, so theres not really any bright or dark spots.

Amazon almost always lies about lumens and power consumption for their LEDs, and a lot of them overdrive the LEDs so they consume more power and burnt out faster.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have some like this aswell. I like them because I can direct the light to different areas.
True. I’ve had to spray cabinet doors in my garage. Those lights are killer. I angle them all towards the project. My old blind eyes can see well I bright light. Lol

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2 car garage has 5 of these. Very bright. You can get way bigger ones too. I’ve had them for three years. Never had one burn out yet.View attachment 282004View attachment 282005
I replaced all the incandescent bulbs in my 26x40 garage with these style. Went from a dim sort lit shop to a surgical room. A proper tube LED setup is better but for the money and simplicity, these folding LED setups hard to beat. Nothing I can't stand more is a poorly lit shop!

Top Bottom