new body GM shift lever

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2007 Chev the paddle shift switch and tow haul button don't work and I'm told I have to replace the whole lever. My question to all GM techs is this a tough job or fairly simple as I'm trying to avoid taking my truck to the dealership here.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work in a trans. shop in edm. I have replaced a few of them. They are easy to replace, where they break is at the first wire strap to hold the wires in place on the colum. Moving the selector just breaks the wires. They are small and hard to repair, you could try, I have in the past with little sucess. All and all it is not very hard to replace the selector lever. I would not clip in the wire retainer on the colum again, as that is where the wire breaks,(inside the strap) as long as the wires will not interfere with your tilt you will be fine. If you would like to clip the retainer in, go ahead I don't when I replace them that is where the wires pull the most, and may break again. I think the lever is about a couple hunderd bucks. I could be wrong, It has been a while scince I priced one out.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
super easy you just have to massage the colum covers off or if you want to do it the long way remove the steering wheel,and as stated above beaks right at the first wire loom,or pm me and i can give you a hand,i do a couple a month at the stealership

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just removed the broken wire from my 99 chevy.soldered it, heat shrink sleeves, back together in hr.
new lever was $167.00 at local GM dealer.

Top Bottom