need recoil help!!!

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:mad:okay i know almost every sledder has been here.

i am fixing my brothers sled as he pulled the cord through. last year i put in a new spring for him so there should be lots of wrapping power there, but there isin't???!!! i can wind it up and then wind it up some more and it is still not pulling itself in. i am mechanically inclined, and i DO NOT want to take that coiled up spring out again, at all. am i just missing something here??

this is driving me nuts, i understand how it works, had them apart a few times , and it just won't recoil strong, the handle will just not go in?? when i wind it up with the cord in there, there is no resistence, i think it means new spring, but i do not want to go trough that again!!

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which direction are you winding it? I had my rope pull through right before we headed up the Renshaw trail.... At first, I was winding it "away" from the hole, but that doesn't build tension. You have to wind it "toward" the hole a few rotations and it will tension right up. Don't know if this will help or not.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Depending on what sled, you usually have to wrap the recoil an additional 2 or 3 wraps to put the tension on the recoil rope, before installing........let us know if you figured it out....

Top Bottom