Need an opinion: 2012 Pro RMK 800 - Motor Mount

BLEIB

Reaction score
Ok... I've been doing various pre-season tune-ups and noticed my clutch side motor mount located nearest the front of the sled (just behind the primary) isn't centered. I've checked the other remaining mounts and they are all centered where the rubber cogged bushing sits. Couple pics to show what I mean. The first pic is of the mount in question and the other is the mount behind the secondary which appears good. Sled has only 550 miles on it.

My questions are... is this ok? (I'm guessing not ok... thinking this throws the clutch alignment out of whack.) and should I replace the rubber bushing #3022426 with a new one?

My sled dealer is 3 hours from home, so I'd prefer to just fix this myself if I could get some perspective on this.

THANKS.

BL_DSC5123.jpg

BL_DSC5122.jpg

BLEIB

Reaction score
Including motor mount schematic, if that helps.

12800SB.gif

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regarding the front mount - Looks like the bolt is backed out or possibbly snapped off, which the bushing is holding some motor weight. (unless of course - you have tried taking it out already)

I've had the front 2 motor straping bolts (#13 in schematic) loosen off and stripped out off the case.

Last edited:

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your going to change them out, I would install Boost-it RMK motor mounts. My stock ones were finished at 1100 miles. Got new ones under warranty, the newer version 2012s but now at 1800 miles they are already looking like yours again . So my next ones will definitely be Boost-it motor mounts.

BLEIB

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I checked the bolt and all was good, so re-torqued it down. I asked a buddy who rides a 2012 Assault... same issue on his too. So, am I to assume this is 'normal'?

I'll definitely look into the Boost-it mounts if I need to replace.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2012 Looked like that on the other side right from new. Was fine for 650 miles that I put on it last year.

lorne1176

Reaction score
I believe the whole set of 4 from Neil (Boost it) is $189.00. Heavier durometer to keep the engine planted where it belongs.

Top Bottom