2011 Pro RMK 800 Seized Motor **Help**

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't had the time to update... so here is the entire event and outcome... Dates are off either way by a day or two...

- Nov 25th, Sled seized
- Nov 26th, Called Local Dealer in Lloydminster, SK\AB to make an appointment found out no available dated until Dec 3... I indicated that the warranty ran out Oct 19, 2012... Was told by the Service Writer to call other dealers to see if they can get the sled in sooner
- Call 3 dealers with 250 km's of Lloydminster, all indicating they don't have anything sooner... but will work me in if any appointments get canceled
- I removed the motor from the sled. Took it to local dealer on Nov 28th hoping they could start the claim and hoping to get good will
- So Waited, call the service department Nov. 30 nothing has been done back logged
- Wait for appointment date... Called Dec 4th ... Service Writer told me.... Looks like crank, pistons and cylinder will have to be replaced ... (like DUH all ready know that), have to wait for Polaris to make decision on good faith
- Received a call from Cycle Works in Edmonton saying they call look at it, told them I have it at the local dealer
- Day later, had the dealer from vermillion, AB call me also indicating they have time to look see...
- nothing yet still no calls from my local dealer.... like wtf .... just wanted an update
- So, still waited for another week ... called ... no update.... So this is around Dec 11
- Waited for a call nothing from local dealer.... called Dec 18th ... was told no update from Polaris.... It would be the best for me to call the warranty division to get update and try and press them for some type of warranty
- Call Polaris.... no FN record of any warranty claim from me or previous owner ... Polaris said they would call service mgr to see where it is
- So got a call from Rep, She was told from the local Service Manager that the motor was not original and that it had non oem parts in it which voided the warranty... WTF .... its all original
- she said that dealership claim that I totally disassembled the motor which is also a no no (only took top end apart)
- So I stop to pick up the motor from Dealership they charged me roughly $100 for them to take the top end off, which I already did... they said it might need a crank, but would need to disassembly it ... like OMG what a service department
- talked to a local repair shop said they can have me riding before xmas, drop it off that afternoon
- chatting privately to one of Snow and Mud members... got a call from a Cycle Works West mechanic and was asked to send it up to them they are willing to review the sled and work with Polaris to see if they would have better luck
- Sent entire sled before xmas
- Got a text just before new years... A new claim was created... mechanic confirmed all original oem parts in the motor... they sent in pictures of the disassembly to Polaris
- First part of Jan, was told 99% chance of a new crate motor covered under warranty... They had it sitting there waiting for final approval....
- wait two days... got a text... from mechanic, was told the new crate motor was not approved due to the previous comments from my local dealer back in December... so I was screwed from the Local Service Managers comments.
- Cycle Works West still was working with Polaris on covering Crank, Rods, Pistons and Cylinder... was told looks like we will get something from them (this was almost mid Jan)
- Mechanic text me the next day, one of the owners from Cycle Works West, said they would risk paying for the parts and later see what was covered...He actually felt bad that I have missed over half the season of riding.
- So in the end it did cost me the labor and the new Crank... I have put 350 miles on it... works great...

All I can say, Cycle Works West ... keep up the great communication and good work... I just like the fact I wasn't waiting and wondering what's was happening... I know that I have sent 19 peoples to the Local Dealer in the last 5 years that have bought 7 sleds, 3 ATVs, 1 razor, 4 boats and the rest where trailers. Since this mishap with the local dealership ... 3 sleds were purchased from other dealers, 1 street bike and 2 5th wheels went else where after I explained my experience...

Cycle Works West will get my new ATV or Sled purchase, if I stay with the Polaris Brand... that's fore sure..... Thanks Greg (mechanic) for working so hard on this for me....

The Brand is only as good as the dealer, I will not be recommending the Local Dealership due to the Service Department… In the PAST had great sales\parts service, but after sale service is just as important. For anyone that wants to know the local dealership name, PM me.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least you got some riding in. Thats why I dont give a Sh#t about warranty on my sleds.

Warranty is a joke if it takes a guy half a season to get some thing fixed.

Top Bottom