2011 Pro RMK 800 Seized Motor **Help**

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Update:

I took the head off to night, glad to see the piston skirts are all in tacked. Will post pictures of the pistions and the complete head. The rings look good, no fuel in the bottom end.

So my hopes were high until i grabbed the PTO side pistion to move it... I heard a clink... Great the connecting rod lower bearing is moving in not a good way. So I guess i am removing the motor. I am going to have to find out if the dealer wants to look at it without being in the sled... I hope so...
:-(

Will post video links shortly. So any idea's what would cause that?

Hard to say without actually seeing it.... maybe someone has already taken it apart previous?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Bearing is toast on the bottom end of the pto con rod.... Look at the rod itself, you can see the discoloration from the heat. Bearing could have been bad and hung up and failed. Lack of lubrication, fuel, not sure. Your looking at removing engine and splitting the case.....IMO

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bearing is toast on the bottom end of the pto con rod.... Look at the rod itself, you can see the discoloration from the heat. Bearing could have been bad and hung up and failed. Lack of lubrication, fuel, not sure. Your looking at removing engine and splitting the case.....IMO
agreed....there will be a lot of pieces down in the bottom. there isn't much clearance between the crank lobes and the case, hopefully the case is okay.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good luck, and keep us posted. I hate that when I hear ch!t like this........

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you get it out check to see if your oil line has a kink in it, (right behind your secondary clutch) there was a service bulletin on this when they first came out.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's to bad. I thought it would be your piston. Gonna need a mechanic for sure now. Can't fix the crank in the garage.

BigB88

Reaction score
well there is two of us now with the same problem.....didnt make it 1/2 mile from the farm and the exact same thing happened today, sled was warm with a fresh tank of premium. only have 1050 miles on it :mad:

Reaction score
well there is two of us now with the same problem.....didnt make it 1/2 mile from the farm and the exact same thing happened today, sled was warm with a fresh tank of premium. only have 1050 miles on it :mad:

That sucks :(

I feel your pain. The local small egine shop quote 600 for crank and 600 for cylinder exchange.

I am dropping off the engine at the local Polaris shop. Hope they can help me out, I know they are willing and been very helpful on the phone.

No kinks in the oil lines...

BigB88

Reaction score
That sucks :(

I feel your pain. The local small egine shop quote 600 for crank and 600 for cylinder exchange.

I am dropping off the engine at the local Polaris shop. Hope they can help me out, I know they are willing and been very helpful on the phone.

No kinks in the oil lines...

well hopefully its not to bad of a price tag. Haven't pulled mine apart yet to see what happened, have to leave for work tomorrow for a few weeks now so i guess it can sit in the shop till i get home

Reaction score
Does Polaris have a rebuild program like Doo?

I have no idea, the local dealership is going to try and help me with polaris because warranty ended on Oct 20th, 2012...

I removed the motor just to save time for them to take up my case. I know they are swamped and short staffed.

What does Doo have for a program?

Reaction score
Update: Sounds like Cylinder Piston and Crank haven't heard directly from the service centre.... No word from Polaris yet either. So my question is the scuffing on the low part of the cylinder below the rings does it require a new cylinder? Any suggestions on making the motor more reliable? Would it be more cost effective to send both my crank and cylinder to a machine shop to get them machined instead of buying some that have been fixed?

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These eng are so reliable these days. Don't know why your went. Push for a factory short block. That way, it will come with warranty. it's preassembled, so that gets rid of mech errors. and its cheaper in the long run.

Top Bottom