Missing riders

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have asked you for facts, name the one that is better, and better priced, you have stated no facts, guess that means you know i am RIGHT, ha ha that must be painful.....
Dave, thank you for sharing tons of great information. Most of us appreciate it, you stay on here and snowest in spite of the occasional attacks. Happy New Year and yes haters are going to hate! Cheers😎

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20230103_152252.jpg

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have asked you for facts, name the one that is better, and better priced, you have stated no facts, guess that means you know i am RIGHT, ha ha that must be painful.....
I really don't care what you use or what you promote. You're so full of yourself you can't even tell when you look like a fool on a public forum trying to argue about a product.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isnt this thread about some missing riders?

Maybe someone should get a hold of them to see if thier sat phone performed adequately in this emergency or if they want to ditch it for the zolo lol

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, apparently someone who is not sponsored by Zoleo disagrees with you Dave.... https://expertworldtravel.com/garmin-inreach-mini-2-vs-zoleo/

Summary of the article with both their features: Garmin wins (and zoleo is for the occasional user). No hate, just facts bro.

Can we stop with your paid advertisments now? :rolleyes:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isnt this thread about some missing riders?

Maybe someone should get a hold of them to see if thier sat phone performed adequate in this emergency or if they want to ditch it for the zolo lol

they are found thread is free game now lol

but to your point, i dont think anyone disagrees with a sat phone being a very useful tool but with a price tag of 2000$+ and more monthly fees, the zoleo/inreach is a cost effective option that everyone can have on them personally. heck if your in a group of two and get split up you can zoleo eachother lol. Sat phones are awesome but the expectation of every rider to have one isn't realistic, having a 300$ device is, and 99% of the time a simple message can solve the situation. There will always be that 1% situation where a satellite phone could be the difference between success and failure, But everyone having a sat communication of some sort is a good start.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are found thread is free game now lol

but to your point, i dont think anyone disagrees with a sat phone being a very useful tool but with a price tag of 2000$+ and more monthly fees, the zoleo/inreach is a cost effective option that everyone can have on them personally. heck if your in a group of two and get split up you can zoleo eachother lol. Sat phones are awesome but the expectation of every rider to have one isn't realistic, having a 300$ device is, and 99% of the time a simple message can solve the situation. There will always be that 1% situation where a satellite phone could be the difference between success and failure, But everyone having a sat communication of some sort is a good start.

I agree zolo is great. So is a t3. But i cant say its better than a g5 just because it cost less.

Get what im saying?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think thers a lot of bored sledders on here who need to go pound some pow . Maybe that will cheerer there grumpy As## up . LOL

Maybe if it would snow a guy could go ride, I don’t like sledding enough to go ride marginal snow, smack rocks and stumps and come back with $1000’s in damage. One more big storm and it’s go time but the forecast looks as gay as Narona sounds when he tries his sales pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe if it would snow a guy could go ride, I don’t like sledding enough to go ride marginal snow, smack rocks and stumps and come back with $1000’s in damage. One more big storm and it’s go time but the forecast looks as gay as Narona sounds when he tries his sales pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I usually have 20-30 days in by now. We’re booked to do our first trip in two weeks. And it still might not snow lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually have 20-30 days in by now. We’re booked to do our first trip in two weeks. And it still might not snow lol

same, i did my first ride boxing day this year, i wrecked a G5 bellypan and bumper within 30 minutes. Went home and haven't thought about going again until we get another 8 feet

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since its such a popular thread
I would sell my globalstar phone if any one is interested

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same, i did my first ride boxing day this year, i wrecked a G5 bellypan and bumper within 30 minutes. Went home and haven't thought about going again until we get another 8 feet
Wow. Days on the mountain important to you also and even you aren’t riding either LOL. I’m starting to think I should’ve kept my 22 skidoo i’d still have 7 more grand hidden in my pillow.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a zoleo last month used it here in sicamous last week was out tnere for 6 days stumps can still be found but great first ride really happy with the zoleo tho pretty simple to use snd nice it works off your phone

t300

Reaction score
Well since this is now a communicator thread, the huge win IMO that gets glossed over is the inreach can be fully utilized standalone )as well as via the mobile app). 2 way communication, maps, compass, one device to keep charged. I bang up my not-as-robust iPhone, then what, I’m limited to zoleo sos right? Zoleo SOL! Haha

If I was shopping today I’d take a hard look at zoleo due to having my own number/email , but that’s about the only win in my books. The cost difference is a jug of oil and some beer who cares.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well since this is now a communicator thread, the huge win IMO that gets glossed over is the inreach can be fully utilized standalone )as well as via the mobile app). 2 way communication, maps, compass, one device to keep charged. I bang up my not-as-robust iPhone, then what, I’m limited to zoleo sos right? Zoleo SOL! Haha

If I was shopping today I’d take a hard look at zoleo due to having my own number/email , but that’s about the only win in my books. The cost difference is a jug of oil and some beer who cares.

valid points, with the inreach standalone messaging its so annoying to type on that screen that i end up using my phone anyways. But your right, it is there if your phone fails. I wished inreach made a keypad model like the Spot.

Top Bottom