Mexico Holidays

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are about to book Cancun Iberostar Feb 26-Mar2 seems to have really good reviews and COVID insurance policy built in with Iberostar resorts so if I test positive I get a paid-for extended 10-day vacation. Sounds ok to me. I read reviews about worse service farther South from town, just do the research and I'm sure it'll be fine. Pick a place with large variety of eateries is biggest thing IMO.

Oh and swim up bar.

Not looking forward to paying for PCR testing, although sounds like if you needed a 'negative test'.. you can make sure you get one. From what I have been told.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are about to book Cancun Iberostar Feb 26-Mar2 seems to have really good reviews and COVID insurance policy built in with Iberostar resorts so if I test positive I get a paid-for extended 10-day vacation. Sounds ok to me. I read reviews about worse service farther South from town, just do the research and I'm sure it'll be fine. Pick a place with large variety of eateries is biggest thing IMO.

Oh and swim up bar.

Not looking forward to paying for PCR testing, although sounds like if you needed a 'negative test'.. you can make sure you get one. From what I have been told.
I just got back from Hawaii two days ago and I brought my own test kit with me, did the test to come home over a video call on my phone, it was super easy, I haven't been to that resort but I will check it out online, thanks

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you finding the resorts now during covid? We are trying to book for April and the reviews from the places we have been and liked in the past are not good as of late, saying the service is worse, food is worse, not as clean anymore, less entertainment ect...
We went to 2 different resorts. 1 week each.
Both great. Rui Palace a bit better
Food drinks, cleanliness all perfect.

Will go again.

Both resorts busy. Playa busy,

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh and swim up bar.

We stayed at that resort a few years ago. Walked past it a few weeks ago.

Only wore masks to get food inside, none outside in pools or pool bar
Pcr test we had Doctor come to our room 90.00 US. All 4 of us negative.
We bought Covid travel insurance just in case we needed it

Enjoy your trip

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to 2 different resorts. 1 week each.
Both great. Rui Palace a bit better
Food drinks, cleanliness all perfect.

Will go again.

Both resorts busy. Playa busy,
we enjoyed the beach and the room was nice at serinis but the buffet was a bit iffy, was rui any different? Stayed at Barcelo Caribe last time buffets were very good there but crappy beach, pools were great though lots of space no morning pool towel games.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we enjoyed the beach and the room was nice at serinis but the buffet was a bit iffy, was rui any different? Stayed at Barcelo Caribe last time buffets were very good there but crappy beach, pools were great though lots of space no morning pool towel games.
Rui Palace food was really good.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh and swim up bar.

Which iberostar you referring to? Looking online and there’s a few around there

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys really like the all inclusives?
our last all inclusive was 20 years ago when kids were still small

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys really like the all inclusives?
our last all inclusive was 20 years ago when kids were still small
Depends where I’m going, was just in Maui and there isn’t much for all inclusive which is just fine but I wouldn’t go to Mexico in anything but an all inclusive.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we stay at a house on golf course in palmillo and 4-5 days at tesoro in cancun get free breakfast there but get to explore all the local food better that way

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picture

Attachments

• 5D454A6D-11BF-42F8-BAD9-7238A2F9100B.png
    5D454A6D-11BF-42F8-BAD9-7238A2F9100B.png
    3 MB · Views: 75
Top Bottom