Mexico Holidays

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy to go. Easy to get back. Just lots of hoops to jump with new rules.

Totally worth going

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how was the return into Canada? Do they test every passenger on arrival or randomly select?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how was the return into Canada? Do they test every passenger on arrival or randomly select?
We got a doctor to test in our room for arrive can. That was easy just pay.

Yes 70 percent of plane got tested on arrival. I asked test lady she said they charge 100.00 per test to government. What a waste as we got tested to get on the plane.

Was easy just took time. Cancun airport was packed. Resorts at 90 percent capacity.

5 th ave in Playa really busy.

Travel is happening

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got a doctor to test in our room for arrive can. That was easy just pay.

Yes 70 percent of plane got tested on arrival. I asked test lady she said they charge 100.00 per test to government. What a waste as we got tested to get on the plane.

Was easy just took time. Cancun airport was packed. Resorts at 90 percent capacity.

5 th ave in Playa really busy.

Travel is happening
That test on arrival seems like a money grab eh. I am in Costa Rica and about to head home which is why I was asking. Was hoping they had dropped that BS by now. That 200 bucks could pay for a lot of cerveza lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That test on arrival seems like a money grab eh. I am in Costa Rica and about to head home which is why I was asking. Was hoping they had dropped that BS by now. That 200 bucks could pay for a lot of cerveza lol
I can see the reasoning behind testing before getting on the plane. I see no reasoning for retesting hours later when you arrive home. It makes absolutely no sense at all. That is not money well spent.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
coming thru Toronto have to register with Switch Health. I bet they are friends of Trudeau and therefore got the contract for this waste of resources.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It was so nice down in Mexico… just the sense of freedom. In Huatulco, almost everyone wore masks everywhere, especially indoors, and hand sanitizer everywhere. But the big thing was the lack of media and govt pressure threatening closures and restrictions, etc. No COVID numbers constantly pushed in your face, and constant threats to get vaccinated. Over 50% in Huatulco are Mexicans vacationing from Mexico Ciry or Guadalajara or Oaxaca. It was so stress free without media and govt meddling. Yes the pcr test 72 hours before leaving Mexico was a pain in the butt, and the quick test at the airport upon arrival back here also hindering, but was so worth it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucky guys. Next trip is Nascar next November again then back to Hawaii with friends 2 weeks after I get home.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucky guys. Next trip is Nascar next November again then back to Hawaii with friends 2 weeks after I get home.

Nice.
October Vegas Nascar looks interesting

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed for Vegas Friday… staying south for a couple weeks, driving so have to figure out shortly where to cross.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been in Mexico 2 weeks.
Fantastic weather
No covid talk

Head home Saturday
How are you finding the resorts now during covid? We are trying to book for April and the reviews from the places we have been and liked in the past are not good as of late, saying the service is worse, food is worse, not as clean anymore, less entertainment ect...

Top Bottom