Looking for a "newer" sled

daddys girl

Reaction score
If your really looking for a good deal 2011 m8 snopro 162 with 70 yes 70 miles on it.Always keep in a shop.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It never fails on this site. Guy says his budget is $7000.....right away people are trying to get him to spend 9 or $10000. That's the way government spends our money too. :doh:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
It never fails on this site. Guy says his budget is $7000.....right away people are trying to get him to spend 9 or $10000. That's the way government spends our money too. :doh:

If I was about to spend that kind of coin on a used sled I would sure as hell appreciate someone telling me for only two thousand more I could buy a new one with warranty.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's say he can find a trailer for 500, leaves him 6500, can he actually walk out the door with a sled for 6500.00 all in? Looking at the numbers in the ads I saw he couldn't unless the dealer is willing to discount another couple thousand.

Cheapest sled I see in femme.fatal post was 8350 for a M6000. From the print ad someone else posted that is plus freight and Pdi = 750, So 9100. Then plus GST equals 9550. Great deal, sure, but still $3000 over his budget. Maybe a demo is another 1000-1500 cheaper,maybe he can stretch another 1000, but still not there.

Certainly good to point out the options, but seems he is to far away to consider new. On the other hand, I wasn't looking for new either, but ended up buying a 2014 demo because the price was good enough to anti up the additional coin for the better technology and the warranty.

guess we could find out if he posts again since those discounts were supposed to end today....

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling my 2010 Dragon 800 155, 860 miles, been flawless, handle bar bag, underseat bag, tunnel bag, gas rack, SLP and HPS cans, factory gearing, weights and spring, all work done by or via Bruce's RV and Polaris. I'd like 7000 grand, but I am open to offers.

Sekeith

Reaction score
Well now that was a very interesting thread to come back to. I definitely appreciate all of the info, I feel like a Eldereldo nailed it right on the head about finances. That being said I'm not opposed to buying new, that would just mean waiting until next season (which isn't a big deal) or finding a money pot somewhere in the next couple weeks. I'd like to up my budget if I could but with the Alberta economy in a state of flux right now I don't want to get in over my head. Turns out a guy can't pay his mortgage with 2-stroke oil :p.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my suggestion is to visit your dealers in the area and express how much you want to spend and look at there used inventory but also there blue book costs of sleds in your price range if they value you as a customer for future parts and service they might give you advise on the particular lemons to stay away from. The reality is if you need a trailer as well you cannot get into a new sled for a 7000 budget.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with a guy yesterday that rented a 2014 rmk 155 from Sic rentals in sicamous. They told him he could have the sled for 8500. Story is that it was the owners personal sled last year and a rental this year so it hasn't seen much use. Seemed to be in like new condition. May be worth you checking it out.

Sekeith

Reaction score
I'll definitely have to stop by a couple dealers to get some pricing and comparison info. I'd be hesitant about the rental tho, I feel like rental anything is synonymous with bagged on!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
LOT's of 2011 Cat m-8's out there for $6500 +/- should be able to beat someone down to $6k or lower. some consider the M's "old technology" but no one can deny the reliability of those Suzuki 800's.

I had an 07 M8 sno-pro I put almost 4000 miles on, now I have a 2011 sno-pro from T&T that didn't see snow until 2013, still has under 1000km. I'd be willing to sell mine for $6500 as well but you'd likely be better off to try and negotiate people down, and I wouldn't move off $6500 because I love the new wrap and even with the wife wanting a Polaris it would always make a stellar back up sled.

Sekeith

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Bogger I'll PM him.

I'm going to look at a 2008 Ski Doo Summit X 800 154" tonight, 1500kms electric start and reverse. Paperwork from Martin Motorsports for all upkeep. Might be a good deal.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08 is a tank ish yr compared to the new sleds out there. Plus your into a ptek engine not the new fuel injected etec. Depending what your getting it for. it's going on 8 modEl years old now

Pilsner

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Bogger I'll PM him.

I'm going to look at a 2008 Ski Doo Summit X 800 154" tonight, 1500kms electric start and reverse. Paperwork from Martin Motorsports for all upkeep. Might be a good deal.

08 was the worst year of the XP, M8 would be much more reliable and easier to ride.

Sekeith

Reaction score
I was told the 09 ski doos might be a bit better but I have no way to tell that. The sled looked super clean and was very well taken care of, the guy was asking $5300. I haven't committed to anything yet but I'm sure I could get it for $5000. Still keeping my eyes open for something else.

Sekeith

Reaction score
Mattiac what do you mean tankish? as in they are solid and drive through anything? heavy like a tank with no handling?

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For that price that is a good purchase, you can always change the suspension to the narrow stance, add t motion if desired. For just getting back into it you would enjoy that sled. Stick to your budget as there are always some extra costs.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Tank-ish until you hit a tree.... then it's more like leggo-ish

I think the 2010 M8 for 5k is a better buy then the 08 xp for 5K, plus I know doc and all his chit is well taken care of...... but opinions are like azzholes, everybody has one and the majority of them stink....

Mattiac what do you mean tankish? as in they are solid and drive through anything? heavy like a tank with no handling?

Top Bottom