Liquid Image Summit Series Snow Goggles

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have spent the last few weeks testing the new Liquid Image Summit Series Snow Goggles. These goggles offer a true “Point Of View”, “High Definition” video camera built into the goggle. The camera lens is centered in the goggle frame above your eyes. Here is the first clip filmed using these goggles trimmed from the hundreds of minutes of video we have recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WiqoDC0btU

Check out our vendor forum posts for more information.

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
Looks good, got any pics of the gog? and how much footage can it hold? Also how will it hold up on a snowed in day with fog and temp changes on the lens?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Here are some pictures of the goggles.

Summit Series Black.jpg

Summit Series White.jpg

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are pics of the 780p right? Not hthe new 1080p version? Whats the prices of both versions? How much for spare lenses?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Looks good, got any pics of the gog? and how much footage can it hold? Also how will it hold up on a snowed in day with fog and temp changes on the lens?

The goggles come with a 4GB Micro SDHC card. With the 4GB card we recorded about 2 hours of footage. Which as we soon found out is a lot of footage to shift through. The goggles will support Micro SD/SDHC Cards up to 32 GB. We did not have any issues with fogging of the lens during the time frame we have been usisng them.

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
These are pics of the 780p right? Not hthe new 1080p version? Whats the prices of both versions? How much for spare lenses?

Yes, these are pictures of the 720HD version. These only arrived in Canada in late January, early February 2011. The 1080HD version is a ways out yet, maybe this coming fall/early winter. MSRP for the 720HD is $280.00. We do not have pricing on replacement lens as of yet.

Last edited:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Now what about my trusty habervision fan? Can it still be used in these or will you have a hum through out the video lol. :d

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Now what about my trusty habervision fan? Can it still be used in these or will you have a hum through out the video lol. :d

Hey Norm

It looks like we will have to make you a sound clip of the fan running for you to edit into your videos because the eliminator will not fit these goggles.....LOL! The camera actually sits right wear the eliminator would go.

Jan

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Trax 2 Treadz has also been set up as a distributor for these goggles as well so if any other vendors/shops want to bring them in we can look after that too!

Jan

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Stayed in Sicamous last week and watched quite a few clips a guy had on his lap top using a pair of these. Very good quality and the conditions were awsome too

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hi Hillclimb

We don't have any dealers in Saskatchewan yet. You would need to order them directly from us at present. If you are interested shoot me a pm with your phone number and I'll call you and get it all taken care of.

Take care

Jan

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool. Now just to convince my buddies to get them to video me. :0

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
where in BC can you get these?

Hi TurboApex420

We don't have any dealers in BC of yet either. You would need to order them directly from us at present. If you are interested shoot me a pm with your phone number and I'll call you and get it all taken care of.

Take care

Jan

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks pretty neat .. I sure dislike having an extra "thing" on my goggles / helmet .. but at the same time, having an external camera gives you the flexibility of mounting it on your hood / tunnel / tripod / back pack etc for different views...

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Yes it does limit your selection of places to mount it but conversely you know it is not going to get knocked off somewhere unbeknownst to you. You have a HUD display so you know exactly when you are filming. You also know it is filming exactly where you look and not an off angle shot where you film your skid or the sky all day.

This goggle camera also gives you the flexibility to stop and take still pics at anytime as well.

Another great thing we have found with these is we were wondering why our eldest son was continually running into trees. After having him wear the goggle and looking at his film we discovered the reason is he is always looking down!!! So it is also a good learning tool!!!

Take care

Jan

Last edited:
Top Bottom