New Goggle Cameras

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got these Liquid Image goggle cameras from Trax 2 Treadz. Thought I would share some clips. Not the best riding clips, I was just tuning my box. Anyway, gives you an idea how the goggles worked. They are very user friendly. A little light inside the lens tells you if you're on and whether you are in picture or video mode.

First file was uploaded raw.

[YT]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=CA#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=IfT28jpKUak[/YT]

Second one is a Gopro on the left and goggles on the right both shot in 720, 30p.

[YT]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=CA#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=YWhEBkG6ROk[/YT]

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
here is my test video they work great but don't quite fit the helmut well
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-z-DzPEqCc[/media]

Hi TKO

If you look on page 7 of your manual it shows how you can adjust the outriggers for a better fit. They pull in and out. Another thing you can do is trim up some of that foam on the inside.

Hope this helps!!

Take care

Jan

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Hi TKO

If you look on page 7 of your manual it shows how you can adjust the outriggers for a better fit. They pull in and out. Another thing you can do is trim up some of that foam on the inside.

Hope this helps!!

Take care

Jan

Thanx i will check it out it's primarly the battery side. just need to get the gogles tighter to my face. sounds like your solution should work. I also did a vid with them just around my handel bar riser that worked quite good as well

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the side by side, it looks kind of over brightened, can't make out much detail in the snow compared to the gopro. Is this something that can adjusted on the goggles? At first from other videos I thought the liquid image had more of a fisheye effect but they both look about the same here so that's good.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We are hoping Powderpilot can do a more direct comparision of the two cameras in the near future with the GoPro camera helmet mounted as well.

In the side by side video, I'm thinking the GoPro had a very close object to focus in on; Powderpilot's body, so the definition appears sharper, and some resolution was lost in comparision with the LIC goggles as they are trying to focus in on the snowfield.

It was a blue bird day so the glare from the snow in this case was probably very intense. The GoPro camera was pointed up a bit so it may also be a case of it was subjected to less light reflection from the snow and there fore appearing to be not overbrightened in comparision to the LIC camera. Anyway that is my theory for now till it is proven wrong but I do wish we had a few blue bird days of riding this year in. Oh well maybe this weekend. It would be really nice to see the sun for a while.

Great video concept with the side by side video footage from the rider's perspective and the camera mounted on the back of the sled. Looking forward to seeing more of your footage soon. :beer:

Last edited:

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did find that the Liquid Image goggles did better under lower light conditions, ie in the trees and shady areas. There is no adjustment on the goggles themselves, but I did just do a firmware update, so maybe that will help. Might be able to adjust the saturation with editing software too, but I wanted to keep the comparison as true as possible, so I haven't tried that yet.

I will post more soon :)

NIDAHOBOONDOCKER

Reaction score
First I have heard of these? Better go check em out. I think the first video was great! BTW, thats my play area you are in :nono: says so on the sign at the bottom......Just kidding of course.

Top Bottom