Klim gear help!

Colten KM8

Reaction score
im looking at some new gear for this winter. It looks like Klim is the best choice, but what do i all need for Klim to work right? do i just need the jacket and pants or is there some underlayers as well or i just wear some long jons underneath?

also what do you guys thing of the Slednecks gear?

Thanks for the help!

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim works good thats for sure. To stay warm and dry you need to start right at the base, mid base and then your outer layer. Its not going to be cheap!! But you will be happy..

Colten KM8

Reaction score
so how many layers is there 2 or 3? long jons then just the Klim jacket and pants or it there a layer in between?

inside

Reaction score
I use helly hansen for the base layer, got socks, pants and long shirt, klim mid layer and klim outer layer, hard to belive how warm a guy stays in so little.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
ok one more question, Klim insulated or non-insulated outer layer?

If the underlayers are 100% polyester (including socks) you are good to go. No cotton enywhere! Mark's has various weights of polyester for various prices. The polyester wicks the moisture to the outside and the Gortex allows the breathing.

The insulated Klim would be pretty warm but maybe if you're riding in -25C quite a bit it wouldn't be overkill.

whickey

Reaction score
I didn't do the insulated layers, i figure I would just add that myself. I had some insulated arctic cat layers before and i was way to hot in the day. Good for coming down but by then it was all wet anyways. I went KLIM and I will never go back to a sled brand again.

Top Bottom