Is my engine pooched?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2... that is crap that you should check the levels on a new car. who the buck does that??? every new car/truck i ever bought I jumped in and drove off. I didn't check the brake fluid on my new 2014 sled when I picked it up last fall.
So when you get a brand new car or something from a dealer you check all your oil and fluids and stuff before you drive it? Probably not...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes part of a PDI at a dealer is to check for leaks, fluid levels ect

Obviously never got done right

Mabe they added oil and didn't tighten the oil cap

sent while I should be drinking tea's

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
So when you get a brand new car or something from a dealer you check all your oil and fluids and stuff before you drive it? Probably not...
Years ago I was burnt like you. So ya I fully go over every square inch of my brand new units before taking them out. I always find something. I'll be picking up a new commander this week. I plan on bonding with it in my shop for a few hours with a box of beer. Get to know the b!tch a little before I make her squeal.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that is great advice very few do it......Also because you missed it or chose not to do it, it SHOULD not void your warranty in way ,shape or forum .
By now the dealer should have an answer on how this will/will not proceed......?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago I was burnt like you. So ya I fully go over every square inch of my brand new units before taking them out. I always find something. I'll be picking up a new commander this week. I plan on bonding with it in my shop for a few hours with a box of beer. Get to know the b!tch a little before I make her squeal.
check your diff fluids, lots of guys report they are low right from the dealer...piss poor PDI. they are kind of a b!tch to check, probably why the underpaid shop kids don't do it. my buddy burnt his rear diff out on the first ride

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Never check.

Never open the hood.

Buy new. Pdi done.

Drive it

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I check to make sure my engine oil level is correct and then secure the dipstick. Don't you?

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put her in pony tails and take photos!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
sorry. im with carrots on this one. why the fawk should i touch anything after PAYING for a PRE delivery inspection. not a POST delivery inspection.
Because the people that PDI these new units are mostly retards and if you don't check it over than your dip stick comes out and ruins your entire plucking month.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because the people that PDI these new units are mostly retards and if you don't check it over than your dip stick comes out and ruins your entire plucking month.
I'll agree with you, carrots and Maxwell. Any new machine I buy from a dealer, I ask to do another pdi before it leaves their yard with me involved. Play a little dumb if you want and ask how to check your fluids and where to add etc etc.
This way if there is a problem, they can fix it now. While I wait, cause I'm not coming back tomorrow for it. Lol

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think honesty would be the best course of action in this case. Take it back to the dealer,show your dissapointment in a respectful way and ask them what do they think happened. A good dealer would investigate the cause,deal with the issue and get you whole again asap. I dont think he would tell you 'you should check the machine over yourself even if you just got it PDI'd from my dealership" If you try and deal with it yourself,it looks like you are trying to hide something. As Johnny Cash would say: lies have to hidden up,but the truth can run around naked"

gregv88

Reaction score
If you noticed the warning early enough shouldn't be serious damage. Looks like more spitting out than ingestion but need to check the filter. Nice to see how many guys have offered their stories on how they tried to try to fool the dealers.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is there an update on this? Did the dealer come through and make it right? Or is the OP hung out to dry?

well I dropped it off at the dealer a couple weeks ago and when they changed the oil they found plastic shavings inside, so they took apart the engine and found a factory defect, the whole engine had to come out and just waiting on parts now.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have more patients then I do. I would be telling them I want a new one, and they can keep that as there demo.

Top Bottom