Is my engine pooched?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the OP is more concerned with PDI & warranty (lack of ? ) than getting it running again..........This is not an old Honda foreman....LOL

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the OP is more concerned with PDI & warranty (lack of ? ) than getting it running again..........This is not an old Honda foreman....LOL

Ya it's a 25 thousand dollar side by side that's brand new, I'm not just going to change the oil and hope it's good lol

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealer will say it ingested water, then with the foamy water mix, fired the dipstick off, and then they'll void any future engine warranty. then if the engine goes, you've got a 25k boat anchor.
Flush the oil, get it clean, and if the motor calves in the future, you can get warranty...taking it in now and showing them isn't going to get you anywhere...

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
I know you want to rip the dealer a new one for leaving the dipstick out and you would like a new motor,but here,s the truth, if the dealer isn't going to get paid on warranty to put a new motor in,your not getting one.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the PDI, I think sometimes the small details are overlooked by the techs, especially if it was an apprentice or some one who only does PDI's. The mechanics I use are some of the best there is IMO, but sometimes mistakes happen, I'm just saying make it your own practice to check your gear before and during the ride, we sometimes ride in remote areas far from camp so a little prevention goes along way. Bad deal no matter what, I hope you have a good dealer relationship and can get covered.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're probably screwed either way. They will blame you for not checking it. If you flush it and it blows up there will still be codes stored in the ecm for the low oil, and the limp mode.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're probably screwed either way. They will blame you for not checking it. If you flush it and it blows up there will still be codes stored in the ecm for the low oil, and the limp mode.

Cant hide anything these days. i was agreeing with flushing it and hiding it but damn carrots i think your in for a fight.

best of luck !!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say run some flushes through the machine to clean it up, after all said and done do a compression test cold and hot. Later on is a problem develops then take it in,.. But nonetheless,.. I wanna know who the dealer is,..

You can PM me :)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:twocents: on it being a brand new SxS, take it back to the dealer, you don't want anything less than a new motor, internally it will have some damage, and on a brand new machine at that. this type of thing can be done by a 15yr old or a 20 yr veteran, dealer should pony up and fix it. take it back asap. real pita. takes the edge off a new toy real fast.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry i can not agree with this.......IF it happened with 30 K on it (first ride) i would drop it off at where you bought it !It was never PDI ed correctly in the first place !!! It falls under thier E&O insurance,nothing to do with Canam, this is on the dealer......

I am tired of these places paying high school kids 14$ an hour to "WORK" on these machines and charging the customer 115$ !!!
Had this happened at 200 K i would have a tougher time explaining it, but it was the first few miles on it :NOT YOUR FAULT......

If he tells you to take a hike .........great .......Then tell us all where you bought it so WE can ALL stay clear ! Then you clean it up and hope for the best.........You have nothing to lose, Do you have extended warranty or just 6 months ?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry i can not agree with this.......IF it happened with 30 K on it (first ride) i would drop it off at where you bought it !It was never PDI ed correctly in the first place !!! It fall under there E&O insurance,nothing to do with Canam, this is on the dealer......

I am tired of these places paying high school kids 14$ an hour to "WORK" on these machines and charging the customer 115$ !!!
Had this happened at 200 K i would have a tougher time explaining it, but it was the first few miles on it :NOT YOUR FAULT......

If he tells you to take a hike .........great .......Then tell us all where you bought it so WE can ALL stay clear ! Then you clean it up and hope for the best.........You have nothing to lose, Do you have extended warranty or just 6 months ?

I agree, take it back and shove it up someone's azz..... If u wait it will be harder to prove u had a issue first ride and 30 km

sent while I should be drinking tea's

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be similar to purchasing a new vehicle.

Do you check all the fluids when you get home?
Check diffs and all suspension nuts and bolts.

Most people do not.

Why would you????

It's supposed to have a PDI and ready to go..

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to say the name of the dealer, but lets just say it sounds like they are going to make things right :)
great news man. I think the relationship a guy has with the dealer is paramount in situations such as this. hope things go well

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to say the name of the dealer, but lets just say it sounds like they are going to make things right :)

That's good news for you! I wouldn't be happy if that happened to me. but on a side note it doesn't take much water to make oil look like that!

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I just flushed out the oil and it's still in limp home mode, anyone know how to get it out of limp mode so I can get it on my trailer?

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
Hope every thing goes good for ya, just had my new sled in for a hard start issue and now I see red silicone every where.If your dealer fixes you up with no bull**** tell everyone cause I,ll be there.

You pay 500 for a pdi the machine has no oil no gas no alignment when I picked it up,Have no idea why I checked my levels before I whent for a quick ride but if I would,nt have id be with you right now.

There has to be a good dealer some where.

togo ripper

Reaction score
Flush with diesel first turm over but don't start drain using old filter, then mix diesel oil 50/50 start and run 30 secs then move to cheap engine oil and run and drain until oil comes out clean then fill with good oil and new filter, done this it works use diesel first cleans engine really well and pulls moisture out faster than just oil

Top Bottom