Is BC Backcountry closed?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing alot of rumours that trucks with AB plates are being vandalized (keyed) in the parking lots as some in BC are unhappy we are there
social distancing at 8000ft. Can anyone confirm this?

Anyone that vandalizes an Alberta vehicle because it’s not from BC needs mental help. We are all the same for crap sakes. I enjoy visiting family and friend in Alberta and would hope to be treated the same. Anyone who treats Albertans like crap make them self's an a$$hole.
Id lay a beaten on anyone if I Found them wrecking other people’s personal property.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad always dumps his in the ditch in front of his property in the country. He has the greenest grass.....
Dose a bear not sh$t in the woods? Besides a lot more berries not a whole lot different ha ha.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cow poop, totally diffrant. Not that many bears in one spot lol.

if people think it’s ok to dump there black water into a ditch it’s the same ****....septic fields r designed to process waste, ditches are designed to promote movement of liquids...

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Anyone that vandalizes an Alberta vehicle because it’s not from BC needs mental help. We are all the same for crap sakes. I enjoy visiting family and friend in Alberta and would hope to be treated the same. Anyone who treats Albertans like crap make them self's an a$$hole.
Id lay a beaten on anyone if I Found them wrecking other people’s personal property.
Yah! Albertans Matter!

Reactions: RXN

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ur municipality has a building code it’s illegal to have an outhouse most codes throughout Canada at this point require a sceptic field or a holding tank incased in concrete. Ditch dumping is highly illegal and disrespectful to all including non-humans...of course if ur a regular uneducated a-hole U will do what u want- f”k covid 19 is a hoax right? There just trying to take away r freedoms...lol

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard 137 tickets were issued this past long weekend. I assume just in this area and probably lots in the south country as most of it is closed and what isn't has a ban on offroad vehicles

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So effective tomorrow Fire & OHV bans everywhere in white? If I'm understanding it correctly

Attachments

• AB Forest Protection Area.JPG
    AB Forest Protection Area.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 209

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this out on a news feed that sparked my attention. As per the map above, everything in white is off limits to OHV, which includes snowmobiles. Just spoke with a few local authorities and they don't have any more info than what I do, seems like another new rule by high level government.
This is not advertised very well yet. Only reason I was concerned was we were going out riding again, you know the self isolate thing. Didn't want to come back to the truck with a $1000 fine. Was just out the other day past Rocky in the "white zone". Super conditions, 3-4' snow depth in the meadows. Not sure how that is going to hurt anything. Looks like we're done. I guess on the bright side, our last ride was a good one.

Attachments

• Resized_20200411_104251.jpg
    Resized_20200411_104251.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Resized_20200411_154150.jpg
    Resized_20200411_154150.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Resized_20200411_131337.jpg
    Resized_20200411_131337.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 197

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this out on a news feed that sparked my attention. As per the map above, everything in white is off limits to OHV, which includes snowmobiles. Just spoke with a few local authorities and they don't have any more info than what I do, seems like another new rule by high level government.
This is not advertised very well yet. Only reason I was concerned was we were going out riding again, you know the self isolate thing. Didn't want to come back to the truck with a $1000 fine. Was just out the other day past Rocky in the "white zone". Super conditions, 3-4' snow depth in the meadows. Not sure how that is going to hurt anything. Looks like we're done. I guess on the bright side, our last ride was a good one.

Doesn't look like a fire hazard out there?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has a forest fire ever been started by a snowmobiler? I highly doubt it.

Top Bottom