Ipod or MP3 to work with the Factory Audio ?

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any good solutions to get your Ipod or MP3 to work through your vehicle factory audio system ? I have tried the FM transimitter and they suck. Also my truck does not have an audio jack in front ( or back ) for an additional audio input ( i.e. satilite radio, DVD audio or Ipod ) but I do have a AUX input ( on the back) for a CD changer but cost of the module to get the Ipod to work is about $250. I called around and most shops are trying to sell me an after market deck. Anyone elese have a suggestion ?

Cheers
:beer::beer::beer:

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah thats probably your best bet. you can get aftermarket decks that look very similar to the stock ones now but have more options like the auxilary input.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get an aftermarket one that has the inputs and dont forget about blue tooth for most come with it now ...

spike7ss

Reaction score
There is a solution, but its getting harder and harder for find it. I have one in my truck, its the Icruze by Monster. Works great

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a '06 GMC that I put a Scosche auxiliary adapter in. Plugs inline behind the OEM head unit and has 2 inputs. Around 60 bucks.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a '06 GMC that I put a Scosche auxiliary adapter in. Plugs inline behind the OEM head unit and has 2 inputs. Around 60 bucks.
well...if that don't beat all. thanks beels. how do you select the aux input you want? from the head unit?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

where did you get it from? I have same deck probably, do you have a part or model #?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the head unit controls it. Comes up as either DVD or AUX on the display.
very cool. been wanting to run the satellite radio direct into the stereo of my '06 GM, but never heard of the Scosche adapter. thanks again....:beer:

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very cool. been wanting to run the satellite radio direct into the stereo of my '06 GM, but never heard of the Scosche adapter. thanks again....:beer:

I was in the same boat. In my '01, I used a cassette adapter for the input. The nice thing is this Scosche unit has 2 inputs on it, but it's hidden under the dash so I ran one cord to the Sirius and the other out the bottom of the dash and I can hook it up to my Blackberry (I have 7gb of mp3s on it)

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat. In my '01, I used a cassette adapter for the input. The nice thing is this Scosche unit has 2 inputs on it, but it's hidden under the dash so I ran one cord to the Sirius and the other out the bottom of the dash and I can hook it up to my Blackberry (I have 7gb of mp3s on it)

Any change in sound quality ? Is it clear sound ?

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the head unit controls it. Comes up as either DVD or AUX on the display.
I looked at the Scosche FM modulator at Best Buy that plug into the FM antena plug at the back of the head unit. I didn't think it could control the aux device ( sat radio , Ipod etc). Does your adapter plug into the harness of the head unit or the FM antena port ? Thanks Beels great find.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Scosche FM modulator at Best Buy that plug into the FM antena plug at the back of the head unit. I didn't think it could control the aux device ( sat radio , Ipod etc). Does your adapter plug into the harness of the head unit or the FM antena port ? Thanks Beels great find.

Harness for the head unit.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any good solutions to get your Ipod or MP3 to work through your vehicle factory audio system ? I have tried the FM transimitter and they suck. Also my truck does not have an audio jack in front ( or back ) for an additional audio input ( i.e. satilite radio, DVD audio or Ipod ) but I do have a AUX input ( on the back) for a CD changer but cost of the module to get the Ipod to work is about $250. I called around and most shops are trying to sell me an after market deck. Anyone elese have a suggestion ?

Cheers
:beer::beer::beer:
yeah just buy a new truck.....problem solved!

honda680manitoba

Reaction score
u can buy a car kit. it is a cassete tape with a wire at the end and plug into an mp3 player. works amazing in my old car

Top Bottom