New Truck

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi bigz64 i m a snow mobiler like u my name is marcel martin at smyl motors st.paul ab 1 800 522 4105 toll free i seen your blog is the unit u r looking for cloth or leather call me and i will try and get u the best deal with no bs ok we sell gm and chev i have a 2008 polaris 800 dragon marcel

or e mail marcelmartin@smylmotors.com at work or pomm@telus.net at res

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good talked to the experts and u guys talked some sense into me. i spotted this one last night good this is the exact same truck 07 with 24000 km is $53000 to much for that?

I think for an 07 its high. Check the link I posted back in post #3 it's an '08 LTZ 24,000 km the guy wants $45k, I bet you could get an 08 for$ 41-43.

I sold two '07's Loaded exactly 1 year ago for $45 and 42k. Then I bought my current '07 Classic LT with about $15k in extras for about $41 from the states. I know going south isn't as attractive now with the dollar the way it is, but you get the point, that's what trucks were going for last year, and things have gone a little bit down since then....

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good talked to the experts and u guys talked some sense into me. i spotted this one last night good this is the exact same truck 07 with 24000 km is $53000 to much for that?

Oh ya. I would think $53 should get you new. A used one ought to be less, like like $15 less for an 07????? Like I said, it will be hard to find someone who realizes what they have to price it at to sell it, but I don't think an 07 will sell for 53.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are brand new 2009 crew cab 4x4 advertised in the edmonton sun everyday with the duramax for under 44k not quite full load but decently equiped

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally i have never own brand new car or truck.the last truck i purchase
was 05 ford f250 diesel crewcab just about fully loaded 47000 k.m I manage
to get desent deal it was listed at 56000 new Igot for 27000 tax in someone
lost 29000 and it was'nt go to me:nono:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are brand new 2009 crew cab 4x4 advertised in the edmonton sun everyday with the duramax for under 44k not quite full load but decently equiped

thanks might have to go get a paper tomorrow morning, usually no need for a newspaper way up here. i found a couple 2006's with 30000 and 50000km fully loaded priced mid to high 30's

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
thanks might have to go get a paper tomorrow morning, usually no need for a newspaper way up here. i found a couple 2006's with 30000 and 50000km fully loaded priced mid to high 30's

Might want to pick up an auto(truck) trader also... Plenty year old stuff in there dirt cheap:d

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking to buy a new truck, the current truck i have is to small.

I went to the dealership and spotted this truck.

http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0120f.jpg

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD Crew Cab

Featured Equipment
Ground Effects Including Carbon Fibre Dash, Gauge Insert, Seat Crests, Exterior Decals, Nerf Bars and Box Rail Bars valued at $2400.00
Options
DEEP TINTED GLASS (AJ1)
COLOUR-KEYED CARPETING W/FRONT/REAR VINYL MATS (REQ: __B Trim) (B30)
REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER (C49)
LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL (G80)
3.73 REAR AXLE RATIO (GT4)
INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER (REQ: Z82 HD Trailering Special Equipment) *May not be suitable for some electric/hydraulic trailer brake systems. Check w/trailer manufacturer for specific requirements.* (JL1)
ENGINE BLOCK HEATER (K05)
CRUISE CONTROL (K34)
DUAL 125-AMP ALTERNATORS (REQ: LMM Engine) (K76)
6.6L DI V8 DURAMAX DIESEL ENGINE -inc: dual 730 CCA batteries, engine block heater (LMM)
6-SPEED AUTOMATIC ALLISON TRANSMISSION W/OD (REQ: LMM Engine) (MW7)
SKID PLATES -inc: shields for engine, trans, front differential & transfer case (NZZ)
SPARE TIRE LOCK (SAF)
XM SATELLITE RADIO -inc: 130 channels of digital quality sound w/coast-to-coast signal coverage, AM/FM stereo w/CD/MP3 player *Includes (3) free trial months beyond which service fees apply* (U2K)
HIGH IDLE SWITCH (REQ: K34 Cruise Control) (UF3)
AM/FM STEREO W/CD/MP3 PLAYER -inc: aux input jack, seek/scan, digital clock, auto tone control, speed compensated volume, TheftLock, RDS, (6) performance speakers (US8)
WIRING TRAILER PROVISIONS FOR CAMPER, FIFTH WHEEL OR GOOSENECK TRAILER -inc: additional 8-way wiring harness routed to front of pickup box (REQ: Z82 HD Trailering Special Equipment) (UY2)
FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNTING PROVISIONS *STD on vehicles shipped to BC, MB, NB, NL, NT, NS, NU, ON. Optional for vehicles shipped to AB, PE, QC, SK, YT.* (VK3)
HD TRAILERING SPECIAL EQUIPMENT -inc: hitch platform, 2.5" hitch receiver w/2" adapter, 7-lead wiring harness, 7-way sealed connector (N/A w/VF7 Rear Bumper Delete) (Z82)

They want 69000, before the deals that are advertised. I dont think that is a good deal for this market. What do you guys think i can go down to. If you are a truck salesman in western Canada im open to offers to a truck very close to this.

nice truck but i hope you are rich and can afford the POOR fuel economy the new dmax's get my grandfather has one 2 weeks old and gets 11 mpg and he is not towing anything yet has gone through regen 4 times too :nono: if it was me i wpould find an older d max 06 or early 07

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice truck but i hope you are rich and can afford the POOR fuel economy the new dmax's get my grandfather has one 2 weeks old and gets 11 mpg and he is not towing anything yet has gone through regen 4 times too :nono: if it was me i wpould find an older d max 06 or early 07

i heard that with the new environmental controls, im looking at an 07 classic now

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard that with the new environmental controls, im looking at an 07 classic now

That's how I roll. :d Another nice thing about the classics is the wheelwells are a little wider at the bottom so if you ever plan on running a little bigger tire it will fit easier than on a NBS.

The LMM engine with the DPF exhaust is the same engine as the LBZ but with different ECM to deal with regens, etc. If you were dead set on a NBS you could get rid of the DPF and get some mileage back, but it would just cost you a few bucks. ( Exhaust and programmer )

I'm sticking with my classic.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would buy the classic, i drive a 07 new generation dmax company truck and it gets terrible gas mileage, a guy should be able to get one for a great price. I'm going to be looking for a truck soon and it will be a 07 classic or older.

Scuba

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so this is what i got

got a good deal from browns chevy in dawson creek 2006, 54000km for $36000, almost fully loaded. thanks for all the help guys!

Nice rig!! There's a ton of info on duramax trucks on diesel place .com, if you ever have any questions about anything related to your truck.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have that same truck with navi, and I paid 44k with 24000km on it. Its and 07 new style and I got it from the states, that price was with everything all in. If your willing to wait and want a diesil Toyota is coming out with a diesil for the Tundra later this year. Who knows how long GM/Dodge will be around. P.S. dont buy a ford!!

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have that same truck with navi, and I paid 44k with 24000km on it. Its and 07 new style and I got it from the states, that price was with everything all in. If your willing to wait and want a diesil Toyota is coming out with a diesil for the Tundra later this year. Who knows how long GM/Dodge will be around. P.S. dont buy a ford!!

ya im looking for tha aftermarket nav/dvd to replace the stock deck. i dont know why people say the toyota is better than chevy, i have driven many chevy's in some of the worst place in alberta and no major problems

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I;m also looking for a new dmax, and you guy's are starting to scare me alittle. The guy's i've talked to say they get great mileage with the newer Chevy's. I always thought the dodges were the hardest on feul. I'm a sales rep in the oilfield buis and currently drive a car with an older 3/4 ton truck parked at home, i want to sell the car and truck and replace with a brand new dmax.....am i crazy? i would then use the truck as my primary vehichle and puller. Feul is a write off for me but still i have to wait the year to get my fat check. I just looked at an 09 GMC SLE (no leather, nav, or sunroof) otherwise loaded, wanted 44,800.00 in change off the lot. Seems like a sweet deal to me...what do you guy's think?

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I;m also looking for a new dmax, and you guy's are starting to scare me alittle. The guy's i've talked to say they get great mileage with the newer Chevy's. I always thought the dodges were the hardest on feul. I'm a sales rep in the oilfield buis and currently drive a car with an older 3/4 ton truck parked at home, i want to sell the car and truck and replace with a brand new dmax.....am i crazy? i would then use the truck as my primary vehichle and puller. Feul is a write off for me but still i have to wait the year to get my fat check. I just looked at an 09 GMC SLE (no leather, nav, or sunroof) otherwise loaded, wanted 44,800.00 in change off the lot. Seems like a sweet deal to me...what do you guy's think?

I haven't heard of a lot of guys getting great mileage with the NBS trucks. I think average is about 15 US mpg empty, maybe less. With a programmer and DPF delete you can get some of them up around 20 hwy. It seems like one guy will gain 5 mpg and another will gain nothing. no guarantees I suppose.

I have a Classic, and with 410+ rwhp and 35's on I get about 15 most of the time from the city to ft. sask.

I would be tempted to look at a Dodge right now, I heard a guy on here witnessed papers signed on a LAramie Mega cab Cummins for $42k. That's hard to beat. PM me for details.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just before I bought my new one 2 wks ago I was at the dodge dealewr and they were offering 15g incentives on 08 diesels and 10 on 09's. went with the ford with a 5.4. don't haul enough to need a diesel, get better mileage 23+ empty,310 hp,waaaaayy nicer interior options and quiet, nicer ride for 38,000.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of a lot of guys getting great mileage with the NBS trucks. I think average is about 15 US mpg empty, maybe less. With a programmer and DPF delete you can get some of them up around 20 hwy. It seems like one guy will gain 5 mpg and another will gain nothing. no guarantees I suppose.

I have a Classic, and with 410+ rwhp and 35's on I get about 15 most of the time from the city to ft. sask.

I would be tempted to look at a Dodge right now, I heard a guy on here witnessed papers signed on a LAramie Mega cab Cummins for $42k. That's hard to beat. PM me for details.

i don't think you will find a deal like that on a mega cab as it would have been a 2008 for that price with little options i had the local dealer search and there is no 2008 mega cab 3500 left in alberta there was a couple of 2500 stx but the 2500 mega cab dodge is pretty useless in the payload dept (1530lbs ) i have never owned a dodge but i am considering the 3500 diesel just not sure if i can live with the quad cab would really like the mega but just to high of payment for my liking (i was quoted today a larmie diesel mega cab 4x4 for $55k) but at least with the cummins i konw 2 guys that are geting between 18-20 mpg with less than 15k on the truck (hand calculated)

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think you will find a deal like that on a mega cab as it would have been a 2008 for that price with little options i had the local dealer search and there is no 2008 mega cab 3500 left in alberta there was a couple of 2500 stx but the 2500 mega cab dodge is pretty useless in the payload dept (1530lbs ) i have never owned a dodge but i am considering the 3500 diesel just not sure if i can live with the quad cab would really like the mega but just to high of payment for my liking (i was quoted today a larmie diesel mega cab 4x4 for $55k) but at least with the cummins i konw 2 guys that are geting between 18-20 mpg with less than 15k on the truck (hand calculated)

PM smurff1000 and ask him details. I think it was at grove dodge.

Top Bottom