2018 Ski-Doo Line Changes

Daag44

Reaction score
2018 Ski-Doo Line Changes for the 995 ETEC.jpg

What's Next

BRP is making some significant changes to its 2018 Ski-Doo snowmobile line based on Spring dealer and consumer requests.

A 2 cylinder 995cc E-TEC built on the latest G4 platform will be available for the return of the Mach Z and Summit Hi-Mark, and the Renegade. The performance at Sea level is 194Hp which is the equivalent Hp/cc to the 850 ETEC. For the Summit Hi-Mark a new high performance calibration will be available for use in high elevation. It will effectively compensate for 50% of the losses that are normally seen in the 6,000-10,000 ft elevation due to the change in air density. The performance in high elevation will be on par with an 850 ETEC at sea level. This is made possible with an industry first closed loop system for two strokes that will be integrated into existing models in the near future.

For the Mach Z the new performance designed G4-Z chassis includes optimized front end geometry which maximizes high speed stability coupled with an improved version of the trendsetting r-Motion rear suspension. The new Z-Motion allows the rider to select from touring, trail and performance factory tuned settings.

For the Summit Hi-Mark the geometry of the G4-M chassis is designed for increased flotation and easier technical riding such as sidehilling, boondocking and deep snow climbs. The rear suspension is equipped with a TC-Motion which incorporates both the single ball joint and uncoupled suspension. Advancement in the rear suspension has grown to offer a self adjusting coupling and limiter to aid in track flotation. A remote mechanism also allows the option to lock both the coupling and limiter in one setting. Other than minor adjustments the TC-Motion is virtually self adjusting.

A new CVT Limited Slip system has now been integrated into the Engine Management which nearly eliminates belt slip and reduces belt heat by up to 60%. The drastic reduction in heat also extends the life by up to 500%, or 10,000 miles for Trail use and 2,000 miles for Off-Trail. For Summit Hi-Mark owners this will mean significantly longer belt life in deep snow conditions. With the added power of the larger engine and closed loop system there will be virtually no loss in power. Coupled with a new engine mount technology the engine to clutch alignment is now "floating" and self adjusting to the load on the engine. With all these changes BRP is now offering a minimum life warrantee of 1,000 miles or 1,600 km for the clutch belt.

All models will come standard with EZ-Pull cord and SHOT. The EZ-Pull is a new decompression system that relieves the compression for the first 3/4 turn and uses ignition timing and fuel injection to ease the engine start. It is easier to pull start than a 600cc. A special cold start program further eases the engine start in the coldest of temperatures down to -40 C/F.

By popular demand all models are equipped with only one gauge option that uses a conventional analog/digital display similar to the existing Premium Gauges, but with a Heads Up Display (HUD) for night time viewing. There is also an 8 inch LED display for trail maps that is integrated with the HUD. The maps will only be available in this mode at idle, but indications for directions and way points will display while riding due to the on-board GPS.

Additional details will be available in the coming weeks as the production items are finalized.

1000 ETEC Renegade.jpg

®.TM Trademarks of Bombardier Recreation Products Inc. or its April Fools subsidiaries.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This just in, if you spring order a new Highmark it comes with 10yr warranty and a free unicorn for the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You almost had me with that super real looking photoshop job

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Talking about changes.................

Remember when there was the Platinum Club and little goodies were passed out to customers; hats, shirts, and even travel bags! One morning I awoke to find two boxes on the door step from Purolator; two travel bags!

With all the adverse social media postings for the G4, BRP is now too busy coming up with mechanical solutions to keep the Doolaid family faithful.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP 2018 sales model by Priority

#1 - profits
#2 - profits
#3 - profits

#18 - attract new kids with pretty new colours and free ride shocks
#57 - properly trained dealers and reps
#76 - poutine
#98 - quality control and testing
#101 - bringing back loyal customers that have been f'd over by the '17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talking about changes.................

Remember when there was the Platinum Club and little goodies were passed out to customers; hats, shirts, and even travel bags! One morning I awoke to find two boxes on the door step from Purolator; two travel bags!

With all the adverse social media postings for the G4, BRP is now too busy coming up with mechanical solutions to keep the Doolaid family faithful.

well, I hope brp does not run its company like it's cousin bombardier....who really take care of their executive's first....don't pay off loans and beg for billions from taxpayers.....:nono:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, I hope brp does not run its company like it's cousin bombardier....who really take care of their executive's first....don't pay off loans and beg for billions from taxpayers.....:nono:
I saw on Global news this morning that Pierre Beaudoin, executive chair is not taking the increase in salary he was allotted but the rest of the board has not offered to do the same. Unbelievably bad optics from that company.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw on Global news this morning that Pierre Beaudoin, executive chair is not taking the increase in salary he was allotted but the rest of the board has not offered to do the same. Unbelievably bad optics from that company.

yah, what a hero....after public outcry, he is going back to 3.8 mil per year....hero

but yet, no word from our Justine turd-o on maybe reviewing the money given to these thieves.....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Someone say poutine?
BRP 2018 sales model by Priority

#1 - profits
#2 - profits
#3 - profits

#18 - attract new kids with pretty new colours and free ride shocks
#57 - properly trained dealers and reps
#76 - poutine
#98 - quality control and testing