New Truck

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I priced out a brand new Ford at Zenders which came in at $51K and a brand new Dodge at Grove Dodge for $52K, Chevy still seems to be the cheaper of the 2 which kinda surprized me a little. I tried to find a brand new left over 08 and every Chev dealer is sold old, story was something about GMAC wouldn't cover the dealers loses with the incentives so dump it or each private dealer eats the lose. Waiting on a quote from Peace River Chev, my neighbor apparently is best friend with the owner and he tells me he's beat Competition Chev everytime by rough $1600 so we'll see.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinkin of gettin a new truck to,I love my Tacoma but now the wife wants to get a camper and get rid of our trailer which means I haul it with my F350 which mean unloading my tidy tank and work sht every weekend.Im tryin to talk her into waiting till the Tundra comes out with there Isuzu deisal next year,Ive had Dodges and a Fords(stil have)but I feel the Toyotas are better built,(sorry Chev guys but you wont catch me drivin one,never hd any luck with them years ago so there out)So I guess we will see how long I can put her off,once she wants a new toy she wants it now,kinda like me.lol.I like the idea of a camperwith an enclosed trailer for the toys though,just wish I didnt have to get a new truck to do it.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you guys want a good deal talk to doug trask at alberta auto he can beat any dealers price my old man just bought two 09 duramax's though him for 48 and change loaded to the nuts tell him andrew sent you oh and that was tax in and everything

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you guys want a good deal talk to doug trask at alberta auto he can beat any dealers price my old man just bought two 09 duramax's though him for 48 and change loaded to the nuts tell him andrew sent you oh and that was tax in and everything

Tell me more about this Alberta Auto...where is it located? Are they a reputable dealer?

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I priced out a brand new Ford at Zenders which came in at $51K and a brand new Dodge at Grove Dodge for $52K, Chevy still seems to be the cheaper of the 2 which kinda surprized me a little. I tried to find a brand new left over 08 and every Chev dealer is sold old, story was something about GMAC wouldn't cover the dealers loses with the incentives so dump it or each private dealer eats the lose. Waiting on a quote from Peace River Chev, my neighbor apparently is best friend with the owner and he tells me he's beat Competition Chev everytime by rough $1600 so we'll see.

i bought my first truck which was a gas job from peace river. gave me a good deal 6000 off of sticker. but they didnt budge for an 09 dmax so i took my buisness to dawson creek at browns (chevy only) ask for ed mccoy, hes in used sales but im sure he will sell new trucks. petersons in sherwood park says that they will beat anyone by half the profit they make on each sale, which is diifferent for each make.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell me more about this Alberta Auto...where is it located? Are they a reputable dealer?

Yes he is a reputable dealer. I have rode in the trucks his dad bought. You should PM Powderchowder and i'm sure he can give you his number. His dad bought those two trucks when our dollar was on par and i seem to think it was 52k all in. I will be talking to him when i am ready to buy a new truck for sure.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There wont be a chevy business for very long too. Can you say BROKE!

your sounding very well informed of the current situation. new trucks are at a all time low, and used vehicles are at a unexplainalbe all time high.

as a gm dealer who is not broke, and is actually aware and educated of what is happening, delaers in alberta will be fine. a few of the dealers that sell under 100 cars annually will not have their sales and service agreements renewed. The saturn ones as well will not be renewed.

As far as broke.......do you think these guys that own 20something dealerships are broke and they haven't weathered this type of down turn before?? We are already back to selling the same amount of units as last year as the prices are the lowest I have ever seen.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
showtime give me a call the newdiesels have crazy rebates and keep a opy of your registration for your 99 as there is 1000 truck loyalty from gm. I'll beat any deal, as i am not a broke dealer, and i sell lots of cars!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was pondering the idea of a new truck and test drove a Vortec max 1500 crew cab loaded. Sticker reads 54k and the salesman told me in the parking lot he could do it for 40K. I kinda wish i could justify getting rid of my current truck. Whats an 07 chevy 1500 classic body style, Z71, cloth buckets, BDS leveling kit worth???

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alittle off topic, has anyone imported a newer truck lifted out of the US? I bought a Enclave new from Rexberg, no problems. A friend told me that you can't import a lifted truck that is not "the lift"csa approved ?????

Top Bottom